XF 1.4 Remove date from two areas - in templates

web09

Hi,
I would like to edit the template for the page below and remove the date from the two areas
https://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/ (How to remove dates from page?)

1. In the title column and after the user name and
2. Under Last Message under user name

I do not want to use css to simply hide the dates, but would like to edit the template directly to comment out or remove the code.

Could someone please tell me which template to edit for this? Thank you!

https://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/

Hi,

Go to the templates of your style and search for "thread_list_item". Then, search this line of code:
Code:
<xen:username user="$thread" title="{xen:phrase thread_starter}" /><span class="startDate">,
                    <a{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, ' href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"'} class="faint"><xen:datetime time="$thread.post_date" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}" /></a></span><xen:if is="{$showForumLink}"><span class="containerName">,
                    <a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a></span></xen:if>

and replace it with:
Code:
<xen:username user="$thread" title="{xen:phrase thread_starter}" />
                    <a{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, ' href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"'} class="faint" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}" /></a></span><xen:if is="{$showForumLink}"><span class="containerName">,
                    <a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a></xen:if>

Now, in the same template, search this line:
Code:
<dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a></dd>

and replace it with:
Code:
<dd class="muted"><a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} /></a></dd>

Result:

Screenshot_2.webp

Top Bottom