1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove boldness from Forum titles for guest viewers

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JVCode, Jan 24, 2011.

1. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I hate it, every forum title is set to bold for guests, it looks horrible. How do I remove this ?
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

thread_list_item template:

Replace this:
    <li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

With this:
    <li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$visitor.user_id}', 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">
  3. Kier

And now I will read your question properly and provide the correct answer LOL...
  4. Kier

node_forum_level_2 template:

Find this:
    <div class="nodeInfo forumNodeInfo primaryContent {xen:if '{$forum.hasNew} OR !{$visitor.user_id}', 'unread'}">

Replace with this:
    <div class="nodeInfo forumNodeInfo primaryContent {xen:if '{$forum.hasNew} AND {$visitor.user_id}', 'unread'}">
  5. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Thanks, that worked for the majority of forums, not sure why a select 4 forums are still bold (as unread) for guests even though there has been no new posts made since I made the template edit.?
  6. Kier

Are they really forums? Are they perhaps categories?
  7. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Oh yes, they are indeed. You Sir know more about my community than I do lmao! Can I do the same edit for categories, if so how?
  8. Kier

There will be a similar check that will set 'unread' as a class on the container - just change the conditional around so that only registered visitors get the unread CSS class:

<div class="nodeInfo categoryForumNodeInfo {xen:if '{$category.hasNew} OR !{$visitor.user_id}', 'unread'}">

<div class="nodeInfo categoryForumNodeInfo {xen:if '{$category.hasNew} AND {$visitor.user_id}', 'unread'}">
  9. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

That did the trick, thanks Kier.