Remove all references to "Albums" and "Categories"

drastic

Hi,

I set permissions for users to be unable to view, create, etc albums - but when I submit media, there's still the option to choose an album. On the recent media page, the left sidebar still displays a block for albums.

I want to have my users submit media, write in a few tags, and that's it. No categories. No albums. My content is mostly single pics uploaded, so no albums or categories needed (using tags instead).

What should I do to accomplish this?

Thanks!

I set permissions for users to be unable to view, create, etc albums - but when I submit media, there's still the option to choose an album. On the recent media page, the left sidebar still displays a block for albums.
That doesn't sound like you've configured permissions correctly.

If you have no permission to view albums, you shouldn't see references to albums.

An exception to this is if you have the "Override media privacy" permission (which as a moderator you likely have). That will effectively default your view albums permission to "allow" so what you see won't necessarily be what your users are seeing.

So, that's one point.

However, you seem to want to move references to categories as well. Removing all references to all types of container is somewhat beyond what we can feasibly support. It would require quite a lot of template edits or custom development.

Last edited:
I'll go check perms. I probably did overlook something.

On the main media page, how can I remove the left sidebar? I'd like to display all pics and the right sidebar.

I remember you showed me how ages ago - it was a template that I could comment out or remove all contents; forget which one.

Thanks!!

My images upscale to 277 on the media page. I have thumbnails set to 125x125. Rebuilt them.

Is there a template edit I need to do, to have the thumbnails appear at 125x125 instead?

Thanks

Do you plan to put "Display media title on hover/overlay" in the style properties? Thought that would be cool.

Any method to import content from threads to the XFMG?

And how can I these sidebar items move album/pic information/permission/more media/share this media to the bottom of the sidebar - OR - this is preferred - put that info in tabs under the picture?

move these items into a tab.webp

Thanks for the great support btw. We were testing this and similar addon, chose XFMG.

Last edited:
Is there a way to use facebook comments or disqus for media comments?

I was thinking of ways on how I could raise some social media traffic, and thought that might help. of course, at the cost of losing a membership registration, but I doubt people will register just to make a quick comment on a photo.

Let me know!

Top Bottom