[rellect] Reply Ban Plus [Deleted]

refael

rellect submitted a new resource:

[rellect] Reply Ban Plus - Extends and improves the reply ban functionality.

Introduction
"Reply Ban" is a new functionality which was added in xeforo 1.4.0 (hence the minimum required xf version for this addon is 1.4.0).
This function allows you to ban members from replying to a specific thread, for various reasons (spam, offensive messages, and such).

Reply Ban Plus

This addon extends and improves the Reply Ban functionality, making it easier to use, as will be described below.
  1. Ban multiple members at once
    The current...

Read more about this resource...

dont works - there is no linkView attachment 85674
Please check that the user which you're logged-in with has permission to give reply bans.
Also, note that the reply ban link is only displayed in posts that their authors can be banned -- the link isn't displayed in posts of staff members (admins, moderators) for example.

Last edited:
rellect updated [rellect] Reply Ban Plus with a new update entry:

v1.1.0

What's new
  1. Added file health check to verify that all files uploaded correctly and have the expected content.
  2. New permission: Allow user to reply ban in their own threads.
    Now you can reduce reports from users by letting them more control over their threads.
    Note that the ability to send alert about the ban is disabled cause users...

Read the rest of this update entry...

v1.1.1

What's new
  1. Fixed a wrong node permission check (as a result the quick link to ban wasn't present in the posts).

2. Fixed the permission to reply ban in own threads.

3. XenForo does not allow to reply ban staff members by default, but since Reply Ban Plus allows you to choose which user groups are protected, I removed the check of...

Is it possible to have a user who is never allowed to post in another users thread.

So user B can never post in a thread started by user A

Is it possible to have a user who is never allowed to post in another users thread.

So user B can never post in a thread started by user A
That's not currently possible with the addon, but sounds like a good idea for a new feature to add.

It certainly would help me, as we have a couple of users who just don't see eye to eye, and no matter how many times you tell them not to post in the others thread they eventually forget...

v1.2.0

• Improvements to code.
  • Added a tooltip to the lift ban link to show when ban will be expired.
    View attachment 122216

Some files were moved due to the new code structure:
  • Old: library/rellect/ReplyBan/ControllerPublic/Post.php
    New: library/rellect/ReplyBan/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php

• Old: library/rellect/ReplyBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php
    New: library/rellect/ReplyBan/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php

• Old:...

What is the default for "not set?" I installed this add on, and immediate had access to the reply ban link. Who else automatically has access to ban people to a thread automatically?

What is the default for "not set?" I installed this add on, and immediate had access to the reply ban link. Who else automatically has access to ban people to a thread automatically?
Hi,
'Not set' means the permission should be inherited from other user groups that user has. If the permission isn't set in any usergroup of the user, it then defaults to 'no'.

As an admin you can use manage Reply Ban in all threads.

Hi,
'Not set' means the permission should be inherited from other user groups that user has. If the permission isn't set in any usergroup of the user, it then defaults to 'no'.

As an admin you can use manage Reply Ban in all threads.

Not sure if this is a bug, but ... I installed the add on and it worked for me as an admin with the ability to issue a reply ban. I tested the the permissions of a non admin/moderator, but when I reset the permissions, I no longer see the reply ban link. I can still access reply ban via mod tools.

Not sure if this is a bug, but ... I installed the add on and it worked for me as an admin with the ability to issue a reply ban. I tested the the permissions of a non admin/moderator, but when I reset the permissions, I no longer see the reply ban link. I can still access reply ban via mod tools.
Hi
I think you may have enabled the global Reply Ban permission.
There's a permission (that comes by default since xf1.4) that allows users to use the Reply Ban feature in all threads. This is for moderators and shouldn't be enabled for regular users.

In order to allow users to only use it in their own threads, the global permission should be disabled, and you should only enable the permission that comes from this addon, that enabled to use it in own threads.

Can I allow a user to issue reply bans for their own threads only?

If not, this would be an awesome feature.

In the "Reply Ban Plus Permissions" section
View attachment 162316

So let me get this straight. I currently have the global manage reply bans option enabled for admins/moderators. If I want to allow admins and moderators to continue managing this for everyone, and also allowing users to manage their own reply bans, do I keep this global setting enabled or do I disable the global setting and enable the reply ban feature for each individual group?

Also, for "Be banned from replying to a thread" if this is set to "Inherit" for admins/moderators, what will happen?

Top Bottom