Religious outings on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Must have touched a tricky subject or something as my reply in a thread was removed without an explanation why.

Personally I think the Xenforo forums are to discuss the software, add-ons and a friendly safe place to ask for support.

The last couple of months the resource manager is turning into a bible promotion manager with quotes in almost all add-ons of a certain user. I am fine if people are obsessed with religion and try to influence people of their beliefs but please do that somewhere else as it's disturbing me having to read this here at XF. I don't believe in fairy-tales and I don't wish to be confronted with them either in real life or here on a software support forum.

What are the rules with regards to religion here as I can't seem to find any reference of it in the site rules?

I am fine if people are obsessed with religion and try to influence people of their beliefs but please do that somewhere else as it's disturbing me having to read this here at XF.
You say you are ok but in the same sentence you demand something which is none of your business.

What you wish for and what you want is your problem. Don't generalize it. You wish not to see it, the developer wants to do it. It is called freedom of speech. Deal with it.

I don't believe in fairy-tales and I don't wish to be confronted with them either in real life or here on a software support forum.
I don't wish to see you referring to a religion as 'fairy-tales'. You may think that but others don't, plus your generalisation is incorrect, there are facts in this religion regarding various figures who did exist and are corroberated by non-religious writings, it's the 'son of God' aspect that is open to debate.

However, whilst I might wish you didn't make these references, you are entitled to express your opinion within reason. So also is the person you are referring to.

If you're that bothered then use the ignore feature on the forums, otherwise just deal with the fact that not everyone shares your beliefs. :)

Must have touched a tricky subject or something as my reply in a thread was removed without an explanation why.
Well, it contained a pretty obvious "attack", not to mention being totally off topic/unconstructive for the thread you posted in. You've actually repeated the line here. Both of which are clearly outlined in our rules: https://xenforo.com/community/help/terms Violations are warning-worthy at our discretion.

We don't have an explicit "no religion" rule, though we do mention not debating it here in Off Topic (and this goes both ways). If you're unhappy with someone mentioning their beliefs (which are core to their values and, in this case, business), I would recommend you simply ignore that user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom