Release 1.2 - when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkams

I would like to hear something definite since version 1.2: when it appears and what improvements will bring?

The originally purported features were:

Stop Forum Spam integration
Mobile Support (style)

Though things have changed somewhat since those features were announced. I would hope and expect something better than Stop Forum Spam or in addition to it, at least.

Also I would hope that a responsive style was considered over a separate mobile style.

As it happens, the RM is rife with add ons that provide these features so we can be patient.

It seems development is on hold while the court case is resolved. Which it should be within the next few months.

Metaphors are not a substitute for specific and precise plans. I can only conclude that we have no promise.

The originally purported features were:

Stop Forum Spam integration
Mobile Support (style)

Though things have changed somewhat since those features were announced. I would hope and expect something better than Stop Forum Spam or in addition to it, at least.
Perhaps not really changed (some what) after all lol. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/new-anti-spam-service-available-soon.42473/

Slavik said:
However, in the near future, we hope to release a new XenForo only**, Anti-Spam service which should provide an additional layer of security against the spam bots, even manual registrations.

Perhaps they've been working on some things all along, and using Slavik as spokesman for it, acting like it's "his".. xD. But it's all optimistic speculation lol.

ah, okaaaay..
tumblr_lps4e9BtAW1qg6japo1_400.webp

well, there went that wind from the sails.. lmfao..

i was maybe thinking, Slavik is portraying it as "3rd party", when in reality, it's for XF lol. :P

Thats some pretty optimistic speculation lol :p

But no... not anyhting official about it.

Reactions: vVv
I think never release....

Please do not say things like that WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Did you read the court case thread? It is very clear there the court case ends soon. Kier has also stated they will return to development after the case.

Please do not say things like that WITHOUT EVIDENCE.

Did you read the court case thread? It is very clear there the court case ends soon. Kier has also stated they will return to development after the case.

No he has not. Those words were not posted. He said "We're not fighting for nothing". Try practising what you preach.

Edit: let me put it in words you may understand. If I were in the developers situation the first and only thing that would be priority is to clear my name since this effects your creditability. Xenforo for me would come second to nil hence i would say "we're not fighting for nothing"

Reputation is everything, Clearing your/my name against frivolous lies by IB would be my priority

Whatever you say Shelley.

It's a shame we can't see eye to eye Morgain. I just think if your telling others to post facts, You should post facts yourself without this getting into a hissyfit fest between us.

Eitherway, the lawsuit is near to a close, Everyone wants to see this over so I can't see this thread going anywhere but south with the same old spiralling discussions that only result in pure contempt between members.

/walks away from thread

Reactions: vVv
Totally agree Shelley. I wish people would stop posting rubbish without bothering to check first. There is a lot of info available. Posting negative blah blah is simply selfish and does nothing to help the community.

No he has not. Those words were not posted. He said "We're not fighting for nothing". Try practising what you preach.

Edit: let me put it in words you may understand. If I were in the developers situation the first and only thing that would be priority is to clear my name since this effects your creditability. Xenforo for me would come second to nil hence i would say "we're not fighting for nothing"

Reputation is everything, Clearing your/my name against frivolous lies by IB would be my priority
His exact words are here; he directly responded to the question about XF development continuing if they win the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom