Add-on Relationship Status Mod

DarkGizmo

Hey I was just wondering if this can be done? Can someone create a relationship mod that can show off a user's relationship status?

I know this can easily be done via custom profile fields but my request is a little more complex then that. Let's say user A is in a relationship with User B. When they select "In a relationship" in their profile they should have a box appear where they can add in the user's username and it'll then become a link to that user's profile, etc. This should also require confirmation from said user. :)

Can this be done? :)

Hey I was just wondering if this can be done? Can someone create a relationship mod that can show off a user's relationship status?

I know this can easily be done via custom profile fields but my request is a little more complex then that. Let's say user A is in a relationship with User B. When they select "In a relationship" in their profile they should have a box appear where they can add in the user's username and it'll then become a link to that user's profile, etc. This should also require confirmation from said user. :)

Hey man, this aint Facebook. j/k :D

I realize this. :P It's a feature a few of my users have brought up in the past that we never were able to get implemented so I figured it'd be worth trying to request it here. :D

Don't know how you could do the username bit, but you could always turn XenMoods into something like this...

Change a few phrases, and add some images and you're done. :D

The changes would appear in recent activity, and would be seen on the postbit and profile.

Just an idea.

Don't know how you could do the username bit, but you could always turn XenMoods into something like this...

Change a few phrases, and add some images and you're done. :D

The changes would appear in recent activity, and would be seen on the postbit and profile.

Just an idea.
Right, but I actually use XenMoods for it's appropriate use, so unless there's a way to re-install it a 2nd time and you were able to do that, it'd work but that isn't what I'm after. :)

Right, but I actually use XenMoods for it's appropriate use, so unless there's a way to re-install it a 2nd time and you were able to do that, it'd work but that isn't what I'm after. :)
I am not sure if this is against XenMoods TOS but you could go into the xml file and change the classes and ID's this way you can re-install it as a second add-on. I did this with xenporta html blocks, I am not 100% positive this will work but worth a try. I also assume you would need to re-upload the files to the newly changed name and maybe some files too. Worth a shot.

I am not sure if this is against XenMoods TOS but you could go into the xml file and change the classes and ID's this way you can re-install it as a second add-on. I did this with xenporta html blocks, I am not 100% positive this will work but worth a try. I also assume you would need to re-upload the files to the newly changed name and maybe some files too. Worth a shot.

I'm sure dismounted wouldn't have an issue if someone did that but i'm sure it would break guidelines if they distributed it since it's still the xenmoods add-on. Best asking to make sure but since it's free i doubt dismounted would have an issue if the owner of said site adapted it, for their personal use.

Yeah but that's still not the way I'd want this to work. I'd much rather have the custom profile field method of having it done and linking to the user's profile if they are a registered member.

Top Bottom