Add-on Relationship Status?

DarkGizmo

Can someone create a relationship status add-on that allows users to set their current relationship status? It'd work similar to facebook where you can determine if a user is single, in a relationship/in a relationship with another member, married/married to another member or divorced?

This add-on was available on 1.5 but i believe it was done by a banned member of the community. I think this would be a pretty cool add-on to have on some forums.

You can do that with a custom user field.

Hi Brogan,

Could you talk me through how to do this? I know how to create a custom field to just say "Married" or "Single" but how can i link them to user list to allow "In a relationship with Jenny42" as an example?

Hi Brogan,

Could you talk me through how to do this? I know how to create a custom field to just say "Married" or "Single" but how can i link them to user list to allow "In a relationship with Jenny42" as an example?
Doing the "Single", "In a relationship", etc. part is a simple custom field. The "In a relationship with" part could get complicated. You could just have a second text custom field where they can enter the name. But if you wanted to get fancy and have a lookup for them to link to the other user's profile, then I think you're into an add-on.

Doing the "Single", "In a relationship", etc. part is a simple custom field. The "In a relationship with" part could get complicated. You could just have a second text custom field where they can enter the name. But if you wanted to get fancy and have a lookup for them to link to the other user's profile, then I think you're into an add-on.

I though as much - i have dropped a comment to @XenConcept on his Linked Accounts addon to see if this could be used

Top Bottom