Related Contents

Related Contents 1.5.2

No permission to download
Hi there,

I would like to have a XF powered page, that has a small little blurb about a topic. Below that I would love to have a list of threads that are tagged with relevant tags. Is this possible? Even if this would have to go to a pay modification, are you able to do this?

Hi there,

I would like to have a XF powered page, that has a small little blurb about a topic. Below that I would love to have a list of threads that are tagged with relevant tags. Is this possible? Even if this would have to go to a pay modification, are you able to do this?
Yes, that is possible and requires custom development. But sorry, i'm not available to do that for you.

Hi,

Is it possible to show
- Related Resources on Resource Page
- Related Thread on thread page
- and Relate ShowCase Item on item page

Suggestion:
Display random related content. to avoid showing the same last related content.

Thanks, this addon is awsome :)

Great add on - Just started using it. However, will there ever be a way to stop certain forums being included?

Suggestion.
Display max number of Related Contents as defined in Content Tagging but have a 'show more' or 'show all' link at the bottom which would load more or all Related Contents. Perhaps defined in ACP too.

edit: perhaps it would be helpful to have some weighting options that determine which Related Contents are displayed. Say we have 100 threads tagged with 'Tan Tran' and only want to display 15 as Related Content. Weighting options would allow us to display Content by replies, views, likes, etc. similar to xon's trending tag cloud.

upload_2016-2-26_10-0-43.webp

Last edited:
Sorry everyone for the delay and thanks for your suggestions. I'm busy with my projects so I will check those issues and see what i can do when i have time.

Hello, please how can i make the attachment display like the sample attached, it is one of the best free add on and i will be grateful if i can get the thread attachment along side the title and description, i do not mind paying a token View attachment 129675
visit http://hottestgist.com/threads/flavour-donates-musical-instrument.676/ to see what it looks like now

Thank you, that example is a media from XenGallery, so it has a thumbnail. It's possible to pull attachments from threads and show up there but that could increase queries and increase page load time.

Great add on - Just started using it. However, will there ever be a way to stop certain forums being included?

Is there anyway to block a hidden section of the forum showing in related content? https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tag-essentials-paid.104894/page-17#post-1043306

Sorry, currently this addon does not have that feature.

How could we show Related Content in 2 columns?

You need to modify templates. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/related-contents.4569/field?field=faq

Suggestion.
Display max number of Related Contents as defined in Content Tagging but have a 'show more' or 'show all' link at the bottom which would load more or all Related Contents. Perhaps defined in ACP too.

edit: perhaps it would be helpful to have some weighting options that determine which Related Contents are displayed. Say we have 100 threads tagged with 'Tan Tran' and only want to display 15 as Related Content. Weighting options would allow us to display Content by replies, views, likes, etc. similar to xon's trending tag cloud.

View attachment 129400

Suggestion:
Display random related content. to avoid showing the same last related content.

Thanks, this addon is awsome

Thank you. I will see if i can add those options or not.

Hello, please how can i make the attachment display like the sample attached, it is one of the best free add on and i will be grateful if i can get the thread attachment along side the title and description, i do not mind paying a token
+ 1 to pull attachments and willing to pay another token for it.
It's possible to pull attachments from threads and show up there but that could increase queries and increase page load time.
It seems that pull attachments will increase the number of queries and load time if the addon check permissions to view each attachment, but if there are not permissions checks, (attachments open to everyone) just few queries can pull them perfectly fast. Would be great add that option. (pull attachments and + disable permission checks).
Related: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/fgx-discussion-preview-paid.111315/page-11#post-1069015

@Tan Tran any updates to this addon?

The related contents doesnt seem to work for me. Working for others?
Yes, its still working. i have it on my forum. Make sure that you choose some content types for the Related contents block
Sorry, i'm busy with my job and still don't have time to work on new updates.

Is it possible to make 2 widgets... one that would show related showcase items and another that would show related threads?

If the selector of item type could be in the widget that'd be awesome.

Top Bottom