XF 1.3 Rejected User

Neil E.

I have a user that says his auto correct changed information when he registered. I rejected (and deleted) him due to the bad info. He emailed to say that when he tried to re-register he got a message to contact the admin. Is there some sort of built-in "reject list" that prevents a repeat registration?

The only thing that would prevent a registration is the anti-spam checks (or an account existing). What was the exact message?

Account Rejected.webp

Does the deletion of a user get logged? In the Admin logs I see where I first checked his info. I don't see anything that actually shows the account was deleted. I'm sure that's what I selected.

Admin Log.webp

A search for user "jordandrz" results in "ERROR no user matched the specified criteria."

Stop Forum Spam is not used. I only have Q&A Captcha with manual approval.

Last edited:
Only two simple add-ons from AndyB, one for robots and one for video. I doubt they have any effect on registration. I also have Chris D's enable debug from ACP.

That email is from you rejecting him. The log showing the action would be you deleting him.

I don't see the error message saying to contact the admin though (which is what I was asking about).

Sorry, I don't have that message. His email said "I tried to try to make another and it said to contact administration."

I'll ask him if he has that error, or perhaps he can try again and capture it for us.

Going farther back in the logs does show a few deletions for other users (bogus registrations). There is no specific deletion for jordandrz. From the email it looks like I did the "Reject and delete with rejection reason" correctly. Maybe I did this and updated other users at the same time via the Process Users button. Should Process Users be done for one single user at a time when the users awaiting registration list is handled?

I'm not really sure what you're asking specifically. The issue this guy is running into is unlikely to be at all related to deleting the user where he was awaiting approval. There's no obvious reason to believe anything went wrong with that process.

The admin log shows the actual requests sent to the server. You would have chosen to delete the user while dealing with users awaiting approval, which would likely show up as users/moderated/update.

If I understand this correctly, then the deletion was part of the update action and not logged as a separate event. I may not hear back from that user. Perhaps I should delete users outside of the users/moderated/update function. That should allow me to track any deletion event.

Last edited:
The user has submitted another registration with suitable information. I believe his email was an attempt to get approved by complaining about the process. I have to conclude that the forum sofware is functioning as designed.

Top Bottom