XF 2.2 Rejected member approval issue

woody

Had a member register a few days ago, their email was in the StopForumSpam database, so the registration was rejected.

They contacted me, and I cleared the rejection. They followed through with account verification and their User State is now Valid.

I then checked Analyze Permissions, and everything in their account settings is correct.

Yet, their attempts to post a New Thread or Reply to an existing thread brings up
"Oops. We ran into some problems. A server error has occurred, please try again later"

Considering 30 users register daily, and 1500 posts are created each day in the forum, the issue appears to be on JUST this account.

Any ideas on where to look?

• ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "report"
  • src/XF/Spam/AbstractChecker.php:39

Code:
#0 src/XF/Spam/AbstractChecker.php(39): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/disk1/www/vhos...', 39)
#1 src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(163): XF\Spam\AbstractChecker->getFinalDecision()
#2 src/addons/SV/Threadmarks/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(74): XF\Service\Post\Preparer->checkForSpam()
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(404): SV\Threadmarks\XF\Service\Post\Preparer->checkForSpam()
#4 src/addons/SV/Threadmarks/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(71): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->checkForSpam()
#5 src/addons/SV/SignupAbuseBlocking/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(16): SV\Threadmarks\XF\Service\Thread\Creator->checkForSpam()
#6 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(898): SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Service\Thread\Creator->checkForSpam()
#7 src/addons/AVForums/TagEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(24): XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/addons/SV/Threadmarks/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(143): AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(92): SV\Threadmarks\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'PostThread', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}

I would try disabling addons until the issue goes away, start with the ones mentioned in the stack trace.

the newly registered member will love that process.... "hey, I know you just joined and wanted to ask one question, but can you try to post a dozen times while I switch on/off these plugins to see what is causing the original issue?....oh, and we need to email back/forth between every post so I can turn on/off various plugins to narrow the issue"

I'll switch off a couple and see if I get lucky....

the newly registered member will love that process.... "hey, I know you just joined and wanted to ask one question, but can you try to post a dozen times while I switch on/off these plugins to see what is causing the original issue?....oh, and we need to email back/forth between every post so I can turn on/off various plugins to narrow the issue"

I'll switch off a couple and see if I get lucky....
Maybe?

This is something incorrectly extending the spam checker (report is being used as the spam checker type key), and as far as I can tell it isn't any of my add-ons or from core XF.

Annoyingly, none of the add-ons in the stack trace will point to the root cause of how that value got into the spam checker

Did you recently upgrade Andrew Moderator Panel? There was a buggy version for a day last week that would disable new accounts. There is a fix and workaround in that add ons discussion, if so.

Did you recently upgrade Andrew Moderator Panel? There was a buggy version for a day last week that would disable new accounts. There is a fix and workaround in that add ons discussion, if so.
Don't have that installed, but tkx for the heads up :)

No surprise, but the user hasn't responded to my email from 2 days ago, nor have they attempted to log back in.

Top Bottom