Registration Rate After Migrating To XenForo - Up Or Down?

TheBigK

We moved from vBulletin to XenForo and everything that should go up is going up except for the registration rate. We've had vB+vBSEO in place and we were doing ~150 registrations/day. But after migrating, the traffic went down by about 40% (and its recovering faster!) but the registrations are down to 30-60 per day.

Members are absolutely in love with the new system & design. We've even had our old members appear from oblivion. The only trouble seems to be with the registration. We've FB Connect enabled and even tried various CAPTCHA settings. But the registration rate is constant at 30-60 members /day.

What's your experience with the registration rate on your site after migrating to XF? What are you doing to improve it?

How many of those registrations were spam bots though - even with Stop Forum spam in place, we still get some through.

It'll be interesting to compare before & after when we switch, I've had registrations setup as a goal in analytics for ages now, so we've got a decent amount of data to compare to.

How many were spammers? Well, I don't know. I think I'll setup a Goal in GA. Is it because the 'sign-up' link is a tiny one in the top corner and 'Join' button appears only on forum front page?

Top Bottom