XF 1.4 Registration problem. "The field 'xxxxxxxx' was not recognised."

rdn

Registration Page error:
reg.webp

Page Source:
source.webp

Why is that?
Already tried most of the things that might be related but still I can't find the reason :(
Happens maybe once in every 5 first load of Registration page.
Sometimes page works fine.

Maybe related to this:
Registration Form Modifications
No images for this part as nothing should be visually different! :)

The registration form now includes several approaches to interfere with bot registrations, including:
  • Invisible honeypot fields that legitimate users won't see but that bots will (usually) see and fill in. If a value is entered, we know the user is a bot.
  • The honeypot fields are also inserted randomly in multiple places, which can cause the valid fields to be in different positions (internally; visually they are the same). This can interfere with some bot implementations.
  • Field name randomization. Each time the form is viewed, the name of the fields that are submitted to the server varies and thus cannot be predicted by a bot.

It's more likely related to an add-on.

Did you ever test with all add-ons disabled and in a completely unedited default style, as I suggested in the ticket?

The current thinking is it could be related to [bd] Cache.

Reactions: rdn
The first step of troubleshooting is always to test in a default style with all add-ons disabled.

It saves time and effort in trying to track down issues related to add-ons, which we are obviously not familiar with.

You also need to disable anything on the server level which is doing caching as well. This issue is down to the registration form being served from a cache.

I'm 80% SURE this is related to fastcgi_cache :(
I just disabled fastcgi_cache of Nginx on the forum and no problem on registration page anymore.

Last edited:
Yes I already did that like this:
Code:
set $no_cache 0;
# Don't cache uris containing the following segments
if ($request_uri ~* "(/register|/login)") {
set $no_cache 1;
}

But then I think those ajax validation (username and email form) still being cached.

I'm 80% SURE this is related to fastcgi_cache :(
I just disabled fastcgi_cache of Nginx on the forum and no problem on registration page anymore.
Just an update, even if fastcgi_cache already disabled.
Still I received some emails complaining that they can't register with the same error.
But I can't even replicate it myself :(
So not a problem with fastcgi_cache.

Maybe related to memcached? or zend opcache :(
That's the only caching playing on registration page.

I tried and works fine:
431b21dcf60991f8670b270c413e5523.png

That's not particularly surprising then. If you're putting sessions in Memcache and the connection fails, the session can't be loaded so all sorts of unexpected things can happen.

Top Bottom