Registration Problem - Activation Code

Hi,

I thought that the registrations with my site were a little low this month so I ran a test, and the activation codes which Xenforo send out are not going through!

I made a test account on my email address and the activation code still hasnt come through yet! Do you know what this could be?

The thing is Brogan the email isnt even being sent, it doesnt even appear in the spam box. I have had like 60 registrations so far, its just these past 2 weeks something has happend which has stopped the activation email being sent through

Ive just done a test and in the user options in the Admin CP where you can send a test email, that has not come to my inbox either.

This is weird as there have never been any issues with the registrations up until last week. Could this be a server issue?

Also Brogan where can you check the mail logs on the server? I have the cpanel for my server admin area.

Try sending to some different addresses so you know it isn't a problem with a specific address.

Ive just done a test and in the user options in the Admin CP where you can send a test email, that has not come to my inbox either.

This is weird as there have never been any issues with the registrations up until last week. Could this be a server issue?

Also Brogan where can you check the mail logs on the server? I have the cpanel for my server admin area.

On my CPanel server all outgoing emails are recorded at mail/new/ on the server (accessed through FTP).

Also check XF's error log. A failed SMTP connection will show up in there, such as if XF can't connect to the mail server at all:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

I have had a look at the error log and can only see 2 erros:

Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 28 from storage engine

&

User darkhybr_xenforo already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

I have emailed my host about the situation.

Having done a little research online I can see people talking about the /tmp directory.

Frequently, when MySQL gives error 28, this means there is not enough disk space remaining in the server's temporary directory (/tmp)

Maybe this is the issue?

Ok this is weird now.

Still havent touched anything, but now my site is down with a 500 server error?!

***ERROR***

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@wwehq.darkhybrid.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

edit *

A few of my other sites are down. Host must be working on it.

Error 28 is a bad one. You don't want to run out of storage space. Did the error name the /tmp directory? Contact your host about that one. Have them free up some space.

"max_user_connections" is another error where you should contact your host. They can increase the connection limit in MySQL.

Rich (BB code):
UNIX:~ floris$ perror 28
OS error code  28:  No space left on device
UNIX:~ floris$

That's the error, even if cpanel says there's enough quota, there's at least a partition somewhere that can't write to disk.

Your cpanel might tell you there's space, but if it is shared hosting perhaps the OS partition is full, perhaps the /tmp is full, perhaps the storage for your account has exceeded. etc

Rich (BB code):
UNIX:~ floris$ df -H
Filesystem      Size  Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/disk0s2    639G  628G    11G    99%    /
devfs          186k  186k    0B  100%    /dev
map -hosts        0B    0B    0B  100%    /net
map auto_home    0B    0B    0B  100%    /home
UNIX:~ floris$

Thanks for your help guys.

My host got back to me and made the required changes. Not a 100% sure what they did on there end or how they fixed it but the emails are sending through now!

This was deffentialy one of the main reasons I switched from VB - Xen. Support here from the mods and the members is fantastic. Happy to be part of the community!

Keep up the good work Brogan (I know it must annoy you having to deal with n00bs like me on a regular basis ha!).

Cheers Guys
Greg

On my CPanel server all outgoing emails are recorded at mail/new/ on the server (accessed through FTP).

I'm attempting to open this on my end and my FTP is taking for ever. I tried opening it through CPanel File manager and Im getting Data Error message after it tries loading for some time.

My problem is this:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/unable-to-send-email-server-error-log.34375/

Can I just delete the 'new' email folder and it should start sending emails again?

Edit: It opened through FTP and there is just an insane amount of files in it.

Top Bottom