1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Registration page like Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Markos, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I like the Xenforo registration page but as i see, there are not present in the standard installation.

How i can create that in my forum?

DRE likes this.
  2. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Also, i want to point the url on this page in the "Signup!" button...how i can find the template of this button?

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What?

Of course the registration page exists. Why wouldn't it exist as standard?

Amaury likes this.
  4. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

As i see, the registration page for the standard installation is "http://www.forum.com/login/login", but you can't link directly that page.

The issue is that IMHO it's not easy for any users to understand how to register...the login page is confusing for some users...

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The registration process/pages on this site is the same as the default functionality.

6. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I know, but the url is different...i thought that here you can link to this page...but you can't.

My question is...how i can directly link the registration page for a guest?

7. Chris D

Amaury likes this.
  8. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Okay, i see.

There are a way to link to these pages. Because when i click i'm redirected to this topic...

9. Chris D

They are only doing that because you're logged in. If you're not logged in they work fine.

Markos likes this.
  10. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Yes, but i'm not referring to login page, but directly to *registration* page.

I want to link directly to the page when a user can directly register to the forum.

11. Chris D

12. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the login/login register page, then that appears when a register is initiated from the login drop-down, as the username/email address is already filled in.

Liam

13. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Mhh...i would explain better.
    I'm referring to something like this. This is what i want. To have a registration page in home. You click to a register button and you have a registration page.

It's a *DIRECT* registration page. The default registration page it's not a one-step-registration, because you have to pass to login page and to check that you want to register...this can be confusing by some "newbie users".

Maybe @DRE can help with this. :)

DRE likes this.
  14. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Nope.

If you go to the register node, it takes you direct to a register form...

Just go there and see. Make sure you're not logged in first.

Liam

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I see what you're talking about.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/its-too-hard-to-register-for-some-folks.71780/

^^^That's what I did.

Markos likes this.
  16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Like this?

http://xenforo.com/community/register

Which is exactly the same as the link you posted and @Chris D has already explained that.

17. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

DRE likes this.