XF 2.1 Registration not working

nero

Hello,

I just migrated the board https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/ to Xenforo from phpBB. Everything works fine except user registration.
When clicking the "Register button", a popup opens with the registration form. I fill it but when validating I'm redirected to the same registration page (without the popup) and all fields are empty. I get no error or warning message, no error in the logs, neither in the admin CP nor in the server's log files.

I had a custom field required on registration that had been imported from phpBB but I've deleted it. I also tried deactivating recaptcha, stopforumspam and Check DNSBL.

Could you help me fix that?

I manage to register once and I see there are some new users in the database. But 9 times out of 10 when I try to register it does what I described above. When testing I'm using a fresh window in incognito mode so all cookies and session data are reset.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have no add-on installed and did try with all anti-spam features disabled. I did not rebuild caches though, thought it was automatic.
I'll try.

It looks like the problem could be coming from Recaptcha because as soon as I activate it it stops working.

What's weird is that Google is displaying the following in my recaptcha console:
We detected that your site is verifying reCAPTCHA passed solutions less than 50% of the time. This could indicate a problem with your integration with reCAPTCHA. Please see our developer site for more information.

I thought it was because I kept activating and de-activating it to test but it may indicate a problem.

Unfortunately I cannot upgrade XF for now since I'm stuck with PHP-5.6 for a few months before being able to upgrade to php-7.x.

It looks like the problem could be coming from Recaptcha because as soon as I activate it it stops working.

What's weird is that Google is displaying the following in my recaptcha console:

I thought it was because I kept activating and de-activating it to test but it may indicate a problem.

Unfortunately I cannot upgrade XF for now since I'm stuck with PHP-5.6 for a few months before being able to upgrade to php-7.x.
It seems it’s an issue with the google captcha and should check if you’ve integrated it properly. There’s also other different captcha providers you could try!

Dunno what I could be doing wrong here. I'm using Recaptcha V2 in invisible mode. I created the corresponding keys in recaptcha and just entered them in the admin cp.

Dunno what I could be doing wrong here. I'm using Recaptcha V2 in invisible mode. I created the corresponding keys in recaptcha and just entered them in the admin cp.
I remember there was a setting where you’d set your website url and things like that. I remember I had to check over those things to ensure it’s working properly.

I've responded to your ticket about this as there's some other information mentioned regarding server configuration which is likely relevant.

It's very unlikely that ReCAPTCHA is actually the cause here, as the issue that's manifesting is actually triggered before the CAPTCHA is even validated.

Thanks for the help. I believe I've set up Recaptcha correctly. I'm running it on several websites and know how to configure it.

Mike, I've replied in the ticket but looks like a session issue indeed.
Is the value of the xf_session cookie supposed to be changing from page to page?

Problem solved.

It was indeed an issue with our AWS Redis instance. We were using Redis to store sessions and Redis keys were evicted so sessions did not hold.
Everything works fine now.

Thanks all for your help!

Top Bottom