1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Registration Email

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DaBrute, Sep 26, 2012.

1. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

I just started my site and I'm not getting my email to active my test account. This is the error log i get!

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
    Generated By: RoastKing, 11 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
    #1 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #2 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
    #3 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #4 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(124): XenForo_Mail->send('datraggernaut@g...', 'RoastKing')
    #5 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
    #6 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
    #7 /hsphere/local/home/.net/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #8 /hsphere/local/home/.net/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(50) "http://.net/account-confirmation/resend"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1348623517,159fc8fad488b90cf8903674d9654e8ec4b6ac6c"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(17) "/members/dagod.1/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

2. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

look like a problem with mail server

3. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

This is what my host sent me!

Hello,

The only way you can send mail is via authenticated SMTP using a mailbox attached to the domain E.G. notifications@domainname.com the php mail or sendmail function is disallowed on our servers (due to its frequent abuse).

4. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

so what do i DO?

5. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

are you using a free host

6. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

no

7. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

create a email account in hsphere and use it to send emails like admin@yoursite.com ..

8. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

wouldnt i have to set it up in my admin panel on my forum? I can go set up the email now..and then what? Thanks!

9. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

you have to first create a email account that you can do in control panel

10. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

im lost man. but how will this send an email to people that register?

11. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think I replied to your support ticket.

That error means the mail is failing. Which server are you using?

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Email Options -> Email Transport Method

The default server would be your web host, meaning you need to contact them about PHP's internal mail not working. Or you can specify a SMTP server. Here is a guide for using Google as your SMTP server:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/setting-up-google-as-smtp-server-for-your-xenforo.6180/

12. DaBrute

DaBrute Member

got it fixed! thanks!