XF 1.3 Registering To My Forum

MQK8

Hello

I've tried four different emails when trying to register to my own forum to test it out. Each time I've registered it says it's sent a confirmation email to the particular email but I have yet to receive a confirmation email. I've even selected the resend email but still nothing. Is there something I need to format?

Thanks

Hello

I've tried four different emails when trying to register to my own forum to test it out. Each time I've registered it says it's sent a confirmation email to the particular email but I have yet to receive a confirmation email. I've even selected the resend email but still nothing. Is there something I need to format?

Thanks
More information is required.
Are you configuring to send mail via SMTP or the default PHP functions.
If SMTP, have you confirmed that your username@domain.com and password are correct.
Have you confirmed whether you are to use TLS or SSL encryption.
Have you confirmed that the port # is correct?

If using PHP mail functions, have you checked your MTA log to see if there are any errors listed?

Hello,

Okay, found solution, I was really over thinking this. Super easy solution.

1. Go to your cpanel, set up an email address for your forum domain, example: info@example.com
give it a password and create.
2. Go to your Xenforo ACP, > Options >Email Options > Default Email Address > enter the email address you created in your control panel > info@example.com
Choose Default as your Email Transport Method > Check the box > Default Set return path with -f parameter > Click Save Changes > Presto, Good To Go.. :)

Top Bottom