1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Registering To My Forum

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MQK8, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hello

I've tried four different emails when trying to register to my own forum to test it out. Each time I've registered it says it's sent a confirmation email to the particular email but I have yet to receive a confirmation email. I've even selected the resend email but still nothing. Is there something I need to format?

Thanks

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

More information is required.
    Are you configuring to send mail via SMTP or the default PHP functions.
    If SMTP, have you confirmed that your username@domain.com and password are correct.
    Have you confirmed whether you are to use TLS or SSL encryption.
    Have you confirmed that the port # is correct?

If using PHP mail functions, have you checked your MTA log to see if there are any errors listed?

3. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hello,

Okay, found solution, I was really over thinking this. Super easy solution.

1. Go to your cpanel, set up an email address for your forum domain, example: info@example.com
    give it a password and create.
    2. Go to your Xenforo ACP, > Options >Email Options > Default Email Address > enter the email address you created in your control panel > info@example.com
    Choose Default as your Email Transport Method > Check the box > Default Set return path with -f parameter > Click Save Changes > Presto, Good To Go.. :)