1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 registered feeds

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by billybatz9, Jul 25, 2016.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

I registered a feed to post articles in a specific forum. However, it seems that it will only post the new posts. How do I get the feed to import the old articles (I have about 14 I would like to import).

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

When you add the feed, it will start posting everything that's in the feed. If it's not posting any more, either the data isn't in the feed or the feed doesn't have a proper "unique" indicator flag. You may wish to view the feed URL directly to see if the content you're after is included in it.

billybatz9 likes this.
  3. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Oh okay. I got it thank you. Had the wrong URL. Okay, one last question. I see that it posts the entire article. Are there any tokens that I can put to only show an excerpt of the content?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No. The content would have to be limited within the RSS feed. XenForo will post whatever content is provided.

billybatz9 likes this.