Regarding ad_* templates

silendreamer

I am unable to figure out what some of the ad_* templates are doing.

I tried to put in my ad code in these templates, but nothing shows up on the forums.

Can someone please post some screenshots of where each of these ad_* templates would show up on the frontend?

They only seem to show up on ForumHome and not on ForumDisplay or ShowThread pages.

Thanks

I like to add 2 pieces of banner code into one of these template, say "under breadcrumb" template

I have a page on the forum where I want the banner 2 to show and not banner 1. Banner 1 will be the shown through out except this location. Banner 2 only show on this location.

Say the location is "domain.com/forum/wiki/".

Is there a condition to do that?

I'm not sure I understand how to properly use these new templates. Let's I enter ad_above_content, the template has <xen:hook name="ad_above_content" />

I assume that I remove that and paste my code? I've tried, but to no avail.

Update: Okay, this is working for me now. Just need to figure out all the various positions.
No, you shouldn't remove anything from the original templates.

If an add-on is using the ad_above_content template hook, it will not work, because you deleted the template hook;)

I placed a string of text to display inside everyone of those advertising templates. They are not all displaying as we would expect them too. I did this on my test platform at home last nite. AS I am at work right now, cannot provide which templates are not working. peace.

Top Bottom