XF 1.5 Reduce size of attachments automatically?

actionmedia

My members like to post a lot of pictures from their phone, so they're using the attach a file feature when posting. Unfortunately, many pictures are close to 10 MB in size! There is no need for such a large file to be attached and take up so much room.

Does XenForo offer any add-on or feature (that I'm missing) which will take the uploaded file and compress it down to something smaller?

Thank you.

In the Attachment options in the Admin CP you can set a max width and max height for image uploads. This will automatically resize uploaded images so they are within that max width/height.

In the Attachment options in the Admin CP you can set a max width and max height for image uploads. This will automatically resize uploaded images so they are within that max width/height.
Hi,
In the Admin CP I have set the "Maximum Attachment File Size" to 10mb and the "Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions" to 1600*1200.

The test file is jpg 5184*3456 pixels and 7,13mb.

When I try to upload the attachment from the quick reply box , the file loads for a while and then nothing happens. No error messages. It just stops and the file is not loaded.

If I choose "More Options" and upload the attachment in the "add-reply" page, it uploads succesfully and it is resized to 1600*1066 pixels and 183kb (which is perfect).

Can you help me fix the issue with the quick reply.
Thank you.

I cannot fathom a reasonable reason it would work one way but not another.

Disabling the Flash Uploader temporarily may help. Sometimes it suppresses otherwise useful errors.

Sorry , I think I should have restarted the browser . After a restart it works now with the flash uploader disabled. Thank you.
Is there any disadvantages with leaving the flash uploader disabled?

You can only upload one file at a time. That's really the only difference.

It's still somewhat odd that it doesn't always work, though. That's not normal, most people it works consistently.

Top Bottom