• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
The script is not designed for redirecting to another URL, though we could change it to that.

Changing this would be a good idea. One of the supported changes could be

old: site.com/forum
new: site.com

so that XenForo now sits in the root.

The script is not designed for redirecting to another URL, though we could change it to that. It's designed to sit in place of the respective files (showthread.php, etc).

Could you please explain how this could be done? It would greatly help me :)

Thanks.

Also is there a way we can import smilies? I have like 500+ smilies in my vBulletin installation.

I've found it doesn't quite work. It partially works, and manages to pick up the right thread, but not necessarily the right post.

In one case:

forums/showthread.php?t=25719&page=46#919

Should end up at:

forums/threads/the-not-worthy-of-its-own-thread-thread.25181/page-47#post-460121

So #924 on page 47 rather than #919 on page 46.

Not really sure what that would be. Both forums had a default of 20 posts per page.

The part of the URL after "#" is not sent to the server.
So theres no way to replace/fix it (server-side) when someone follows an old link containing the hash.

They work with vb4 under the condition you do not use advanced urls in both VB4 and Xenforo at the same time.
The problem is described here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rewrite-rules-and-redirections-for-vb4-mod-rewrite-urls.5850/
I'm using vBSEO, so that adds a layer of complexity to my migration to XF.

Using the rewrite rules created using this tool, I've come up with this:

RewriteRule [^/]+/.+-([\d]+)-([\d]+).html showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
RewriteRule [^/]+/.+-([\d]+).html showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]

My understanding is that I should use both the Kier files and this rewrite. My biggest concern are my thread URL's redirecting to the new XF URL's, since that would be the bulk of my forums and allow me to retain my SERPS.

My current vB install is in /forum and I'm planning to run xf in /forum as well.

Will I have to keep the current vB install in /forum for this to run, or can I just stick the xf files in there on their own with just these files?

EDIT: answered my own question by trial and error. If anyone is wondering, for future reference, just stick the files in post 1 into the directory where vB was (in my case, the same as where xf is now) and it'll work fine. The rest of the vB install can be deleted.

My current vB install is in /forum and I'm planning to run xf in /forum as well.

Will I have to keep the current vB install in /forum for this to run, or can I just stick the xf files in there on their own with just these two files?

When I migrated, I set it up in /forums/ until I was ready to move. Then I renamed my vB install something other than /forum/ and renamed the XF install /forum/.

Then you simply need the 3 files attached and the .htaccess.

If you have imported your vBulletin 3.x database into XenForo, you can automatically redirect all traffic destined for your vBulletin content to its new location within XenForo.

All you need to do is unzip these files and place them in the directory within which the vBulletin files with the corresponding names would be located.

Any requests for the old URLs will be redirected with a 301 permanent redirection header.

(Note: file updated to remove unnecessary .svn files)

Got anything for the old archive, Kier? :p

it didn't work for me at all
what should i do
the step to install this please
please before Google decide the death plenty

it didn't work for me at all
what should i do
the step to install this please
please before Google decide the death plenty
did you use advanced mod rewrite URLs with vbulletin?
did you install xenforo in the same location as your previous vbulletin installation?

they redirect me to the home page
can you tell me what did you do to make this work
because i just uploaded the files to the same directory

they redirect me to the home page
can you tell me what did you do to make this work
because i just uploaded the files to the same directory
1. I imported VB4 database to Xenforo using Paul's script.
2. I uploaded redirection script files (showthread.php .......)

and then it worked

showthread.php?t=ID (works)​
showthread.php?ID (Redirect to home page ) (my vb4 use this link )​
any solution please ?​

showthread.php?t=ID (works)​
showthread.php?ID (Redirect to home page ) (my vb4 use this link )​
any solution please ?​
I see... I looked at the code and it seems that a different script would have to be written for those urls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom