Resource icon

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x 8.0

No permission to download
Your call really. In terms of Google, after that length of time, they'll probably have reindexed. So it's mostly links on other sites. The only difference comes down to the page handling (if you opt into it).

Getting these two errors with the latest redirection script:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: ob_end_clean(): failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete - /home/ford/public_html/forum/vbseo.php:176
Generated By: Unknown Account, 40 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'ob_end_clean():...', '/home/ford/publ...', 176, Array)
#1 /home/ford/public_html/forum/vbseo.php(176): ob_end_clean()
#2 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(66) "http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/archive/index.php/f-104.html"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: do - /home/ford/public_html/forum/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php:1275
Generated By: Unknown Account, 40 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ford/public_html/forum/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php(1275): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ford/publ...', 1275, Array)
#1 /home/ford/public_html/forum/vbseo.php(178): make_crawlable(false)
#2 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(66) "http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/archive/index.php/f-104.html"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

hello all.. I just migrating from vbulletin 3.8 to xenforo today, the importing part is done and my new xenforo forum is online . Then I try to redirect from the vbulletin to the xenforo using redirection script, but nothing happen. When I open the old url, it`s still opening my vbulletin forum. probably u guys could help me? kinda need my forum to online asap :) I am really newbie with all of this script editing stuff :oops:

my old forum link is www.mywebsite.com , then I install xenforo in www.mywebsite.com/forum
here is what i did to the 301config.php

Code:
#    $fileDir = '/home/example/public_html/new_forums';
#
#    $fileDir = 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/xenforo';
#
\* ----------------------------------------------------------- */

//    $fileDir = '/home/mywebsite/public_html/forum'; <----- thats my xenforo installation

and this

Code:
define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'my_import_log');
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_my_forums');
#

//    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log'); <--- thats my import log table

after that I upload all of the file to public html (my vbulletin installation) . I didn use vbseo in my old vbulletin .Probably I do something wrong so my old forum is not redirected.. hoepfully u guys could help me ..

ps: sorry for my bad english :p

You need to uncomment the lines you changed -- remove the "//" at the beginning.

Oh, also make sure that your redirect scripts are installed where your vBulletin install was (so not inside XenForo in this case).

you meant like this ?
Code:
$fileDir = '/home/mywebsite/public_html/forum';

and this ?
Code:
define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log');

thnk you btw for the quick reply..

I just change the code, now its look like this

Code:
#
#    $fileDir = '/home/example/public_html/new_forums';
#
#    $fileDir = 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/xenforo';
#

$fileDir = '/home/mywebsite/public_html/forum';

/* ----------------------------------------------------------- *\
Code:
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'my_import_log');
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_my_forums');
#

define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log');

/* ----------------------------------------------------------- *\

but when I open my old forum (www.mywebsite.com) it`s still not redirected to my xenforo yet (www.mywebsite.com/forum) . is there any other step in the previous before I update this file / after this process that I probably missed, or maybe other setting that I should look ? or this redirection takes time to apply ?

Last edited:
but when I open my old forum (www.mywebsite.com) it`s still not redirected to my xenforo yet (www.mywebsite.com/forum) . is there any other step in the previous before I update this file / after this process that I probably missed, or maybe other setting that I should look ? or this redirection takes time to apply ?

What URLs are not redirected? Please post examples. These scripts handle specific pages within the forum such as threads and forums. Test those.

What URLs are not redirected? Please post examples. These scripts handle specific pages within the forum such as threads and forums. Test those.

now that you mention it, I just did googling to find link thread in my old forum and when I click it redirected to the new forum ..thank you for pointing it, I tought the script also redirecting the homepage.. I feel stupid but so happy right now :X3:

Another question, how do I redirected my old forum homepage (www.mywebsite.com) to my new xenforo forum (www.mywebsite.com/forum) ?

thank you, now its work like charm and my forum already back online :D

You guys are great, thx for helping me :)

Just thought i would share how I've done a VB3 on domain1 to Xenforo on domain2..

I do a permanent redirect on domain1
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain1\.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.domain1\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ "http\:\/\/domain2\.com\/$1" [R=301,L]

(you can use cpanel to setup a "wildcard redirect" to achieve the same thing).

then the redirection script on the new domain handles the redirect to the correct xenforo thread.

So far seems to work like a charm, though there are 2 redirects for each page.

Hope this helps

For some reason this script redirects old vbulleting urls to URL myforum.com/FORUMS instead of myforum.com/FORUM.

And I can't ger where is FORUMS defined? Please help.

It takes to you to the URL you've defined in XF for your "Board URL". Make sure that is correct.

It takes to you to the URL you've defined in XF for your "Board URL". Make sure that is correct.
I have XenPorta installed and my forum placed in ROOT, so I have several lines under .htaccess which redirects from 'vb' folder (where these redirect scripts located) to forum. If I place files under FORUM folder physically it will not work since all files located in ROOT.

"Board URL" is set to my main web site url and I have 'Rote filter' enabled for FORUMS -> FORUM.

Still fighting with this issue, please advise :)

Mike, I just figured out how to fix it :) Was need to add slash in the end of route filters forums/ -> forum/ Now everything work, including redirect scripts. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom