Resource icon

Redirection Scripts for Invision Power Board 3.x 4.0

No permission to download

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Mike submitted a new resource:

Redirection Scripts for Invision Power Board 3.1.x/3.2.x (version 4.0) - Redirects IPB URLs to XenForo for SEO benefits

If you have imported your IPB 3.1 or 3.2 database into XenForo, you can automatically redirect all traffic destined for your IPB content to its new location within XenForo.

All that is required is that you unzip these files and place them in the directory in which your IPB files resided. The included .htaccess file will take care of redirecting calls to IPB into to the ips2xf.php file, which will in turn redirect traffic to the appropriate traffic to XenForo.

Any requests of the old...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, just a quick one, I've tried using this for 3.3.1 and edited the file to reflect a sub domain change as suggested int eh readme.

I'm still having a problem where the script is forcing it to use the old directory and just ignoring the 301 config files redirection. Are there any obvious things I might be doing wrong here?

Hi, just a quick one, I've tried using this for 3.3.1 and edited the file to reflect a sub domain change as suggested int eh readme.

I'm still having a problem where the script is forcing it to use the old directory and just ignoring the 301 config files redirection. Are there any obvious things I might be doing wrong here?

The path in 301config.php is to allow the redirect script to function outside of your XF directory. But the URL that it redirects you to uses this setting in XF:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

Thanks for the reply, my problem is I'm not getting out of the old forum path despite using the correct path to the new xf directory in the 301 file.

The "Board URL" in teh new install of XF is correct but I don't think it's getting that far at the moment.

Hi there. This doesn't work if you had friendly URLs on for Invision Power Board. Is there a way to get a fix for this?

Here's an example http://BOARDURL/topic/36596-beyond-the-sea/

It should work. Make sure you added the rewrite rules to your .htaccess file. Specifically, you need to add the red code to your .htaccess file:

Rich (BB code):
#	Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#	cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#	SecFilterEngine Off
#	SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On

# IPS Rewrite Rules
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /(topic|forum|user)/ [OR]
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)show(topic|forum|user)= [OR]
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^/(topic|forum|user)/ [OR]
	RewriteCond %{PATH_INFO} ^/(topic|forum|user)/
	RewriteRule ^.*$ ips2xf.php [NC,L]

#	If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
	#	line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
	#	of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
	#RewriteBase /xenforo

#	This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
	#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
	RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
	RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
	RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

This is in the context of the XF .htaccess file which applies if XF is installed in the same directory that IPB was. If IPB was in a different directory than XF then add that code to the .htaccess file in that directory instead.

Sadly, couldn't figure it out. I guess we'll just ride this through. IPB was installed in the same directory.

Is also VERY important to mention that you also need to remove the comment lines too on 301config.php after set the $fileDir or just move the $fileDir line to the second line outside the comment lines.

Remove the # symbol before $fileDir is not enough..

I don't believe the importer supports the 3.0 series, but if the URLs are the same, then it should work.

Hi, I have some questions:

1) It's possible to redirect from a subdomain to a subdirectory? ipb3.myurl.com to myurl.com/xenforo
2) I'm away of being an expert when the subject is redirecting. Last time I loose more than 1 million of URLs. Xenforo staff can give me direct support on this?
3) It's a big database converted some years ago from vbulletin3. Any limitation?

Thanks,
Vitor

Hi, I have some questions:

1) It's possible to redirect from a subdomain to a subdirectory? ipb3.myurl.com to myurl.com/xenforo
2) I'm away of being an expert when the subject is redirecting. Last time I loose more than 1 million of URLs. Xenforo staff can give me direct support on this?
3) It's a big database converted some years ago from vbulletin3. Any limitation?

Thanks,
Vitor

Yes it's possible. If you give me an example old and new URL for the same thread then I can give you exact instructions.

Top Bottom