XF 2.0 Redirect to install/index.php after update to 2.0.6a

Hi,

I have the following problem after updating to Xenforo 2.0.6a from 2.0.0:

All requests outside of the /forum/ folder where xenforo is installed in get redirected to a non existing URL /install/index.php after a (successful) update. URL's inside the /forum/ folder and the forum itself work flawlessly.

My forum is installed in a subdirectory /forum/, in /, there is a custom-made CMS system which loads the xenforo basis like this:

Code:
require_once($this->xf_root . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');

XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($this->xf_root . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($this->xf_root . '/library', $this->xf_root);
                XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', time());
                XenForo_Application::disablePhpErrorHandler();
                XenForo_Application::setDebugMode(false);

if (!$this->xf_session_bypass) {
                        XenForo_Session::startPublicSession();
                        $this->visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
                        $this->userid = $this->visitor->getUserId();

}

restore_error_handler();
                restore_exception_handler();

This worked pretty well until now and there have been no changes in the custom CMS. But after this Xenforo update, Xenforo treats all URL's outside of it's base directory differently and tries a redirect to its installer. Can anyone shed somelight on this if it's intended that Xenforo behaves like this now or if it's a bug or if I have to modify my code?

The code you’ve posted definitely won’t work in any XF2 version.

You’ll need to rewrite all of that to work with XF2.x.

If you were handling redirects using an XF1-based add-on, you'd need an XF2-based equivalent for them to continue working as expected.

If you were handling redirects using an XF1-based add-on, you'd need an XF2-based equivalent for them to continue working as expected.

Hi, yes, I figured that part out, but some of them still don't work. I think it's related to vbseo and not all cases handled by the Xenforo2 version of the addon. I'll continue to poke around those threads for help. If anyone knows how to make all the legacy subforums (/subforum1, /subforum2, subforum3) rewrite to /threads that is what I'm looking for now. Thanks!

Top Bottom