1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 redirect from one XF forum to another XF forum

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by snoopy5, Jan 20, 2014.

1. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

Hi

I just imported one xf forum into another XF forum. Both have different urls.

I need now a redirect script and a "how-to" for this. So far I have only found redirects scripts for vb et alii imports. But nothing for XF->XF imports.

Thanks in advance

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

This is built in under importers in your admin control panel. Both forums need to be 1.2.x+

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Please provide and example before and after thread URL. Then I can be certain about your redirects and probably provide exact instructions.

Please also confirm whether or not the two domains are parked on the same site or different sites.

4. snoopy5

I send you a PM...

Both domains are on the same server.

5. snoopy5

???

Where do I find this? I see nothing in the drop down menu, which generates any kind of 301 redirects...

6. snoopy5

anybody?

7. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

8. snoopy5

thanks. I tried that but it does not work with me. But this is probably because I have a very special constellation with redirect scripts from 10 different older vb imports into that same XF-master forum, which still need to be in place.

This XF forum would be the eleventh forum which I import into that XF-master forum...