Reddit-like awards

Mave

Talking about these:

bp4TMAW.png

Idea would be that you have different awards, can choose an icon, and set a value.
I'd like to see these earned by number of posts.

Example:
50 posts = 1 silver award, can be gifted to any post
100 posts = 1 gold award, can be gifted to any post
etc

UlhM2rB.png

In my opinion, this is way better than the "like" (too Facebook-y for me)

Upvote 28
XF has no admins that are like that... is 2.3 released yet? :p
Or the people who will list everything that they need/want, but the idea of ever offering to chip in for those features wouldn't ever cross over their smooth brain. I'm fine with people brainstorming for things, but the entitlement from grown ass adults is honestly disturbing.

XF has no admins that are like that... is 2.3 released yet? :p
I had a funny joke about this, and it genuinely slipped my mind.

Or the people who will list everything that they need/want, but the idea of ever offering to chip in for those features wouldn't ever cross over their smooth brain. I'm fine with people brainstorming for things, but the entitlement from grown ass adults is honestly disturbing.
Understandable.

but the idea of ever offering to chip in for those features
For a third party add-on, I'll agree. For base script/1st party add-ons then that's XF's "trough" as they get "paid" for it by the admins purchasing/renewing the license. It's one reason I'm waiting to see what XF 2.3 comes out with before I engage the author of the current add-on. It would be a waste of money if 2.3 came out with what I could utilize. I'm not like the old vulture joke.

1665109600562.webp

For a third party add-on, I'll agree. For base script/1st party add-ons then that's XF's "trough" as they get "paid" for it by the admins purchasing/renewing the license. It's one reason I'm waiting to see what XF 2.3 comes out with before I engage the author of the current add-on. It would be a waste of money if 2.3 came out with what I could utilize. I'm not like the old vulture joke.

View attachment 274508
Yeah, that's different. I specifically mean the people who will demand features without considering funding it, or pestering developers when they do not do what they want immediately. Generally, if I make a request, I will also make an offer to fund the feature, or at least a donation. I also make clear to any dev I have do work that they can release most of the work they do for me for free or as a paid add-on if they want, unless it is specifically one I need kept private 🤷‍♂️.

I'm financing this style of add-on soon (had been debating on posting as I do not know when the add-on will be done).
Fantastic, will buy it when it releases.
Won't bug you with ETA's, but it would be fantastic if you could post here once it releases.

Here is the content badge add-on that @Painbaker developed for me.

It allows for purchasing with DBTech Credits (and rewarding a portion of the Credit spent to purchase to the badge receiver) as well as ability to fall back to different payment profiles.

Top Bottom