1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Recurring Subscription

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by MattW, Mar 23, 2013.

1. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've got a recurring subscription set up for our Premium Membership.

It's starting to roll around to 12 months, so the first one has renewed today (12:02)

The subscription has gone through fine, but it's not kept the member in the user group.

This is what I've got set:

Any thoughts?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Anyway I could get phpMyAdmin access, or at least a snapshot of a bit of data? Can PM me or submit a ticket (mention me/this thread).
    MattW likes this.
  3. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Are you sure it went through all the way? I've had this problem with at least 1 member and it was because the money came out as an echeck and the system waited until the money actually went through.
  4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Yep, it's in my PayPal account now

Support Ticket on it's way
  5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I think I've actually figured out what has gone wrong with this. I actually changed the amount of the subscription a few months back, and when the renewal has come through today, it's come back with this error:
    Invalid payment amount
    I increased it from £5 to £10
    All the current subscriptions are on the £5 amount, how would I go about implementing the price increase for any new people who sign up to it?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Normally, I'd say the best bet is to keep the price the same, make that upgrade unpurchasable and create a new one at the higher price. I'm not sure if we track data in the system to be able to handle this more gracefully.

Will respond to the ticket when I've done some more research.
    MattW likes this.
  7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike, that is what I was thinking of doing. So even if the older, lower price one, is not purchasable, will the existing upgrades still go though when the payment comes through after 12 months?
  8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I haven't actually tested it, but I did go through the code and upgrade records. XenForo records the price paid at the time of purchase and uses that information in validating subsequent recurring payments. It should be handled, though I haven't actually setup a test case.

But yeah... it's best to create a new upgrade for price changes just to keep things clean.
    MattW likes this.
  9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Thanks Jake, will do that now. There are only a few on the lower price, and none on the new one, so if it comes to it, I'll just manually do it when the renewal comes through.
  10. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes. I have previously checked the code for this as well. The callbacks do not check the purchasable status of the upgrade so it should work. But again, I haven't setup an actual test.
    MattW likes this.