1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Recover/view permanently deleted post.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Alexey.P, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

One of my moderators deleted an important thread. I have a few questions.

1. How can I locate this thread and undelete ?
    2. How can I find out which moderator did that? and if there is a recommendation to have limited permissions to moderators (at least not to be able to delete other moderators threads).

Thanks in advance

Update: For some odd reason I just checked this moderators log and it shows:
    Thread permanently deleted
    What the heck? I don't recall to even be online when it happen o_O

Any idea guys? IP looks fine (mine)..
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Permanently deleted content can only be restored via a backup.

Any changes made since the backup was taken will be lost.
  3. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

I created a backup on my own (Not sure if you meant some sort of XF-backup mod), the question is which files to upload
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

A DB backup is what I'm pretty sure @Brogan is referring to. And any posts/changes that have been made after the time of the backup will no longer exist if it's restored.
  5. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Well, even if so that's impossible then because the forum is very active and we can lose more threads for just 1 to restore, wont make that much sense.

But at least I wished to know how on earth the thread deleted (referring to #1 question) if I've been outside, not near the computer.. must be some bug
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Remove the permission to permanently delete posts from your staff if you don't wish them to do so.