1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend Hosting

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by zooki, Sep 10, 2013.

1. zooki

zooki Active Member

Hi I have a xenforo site which is busy, 10,000 uniques a day, and I expect it to grow a lot.

Right now I am on Rackspace Cloud Sites and it is not that good. I get various errors.. and I have grown tired of this.

I do not know anything about servers or their configs. Can someone please recommend me a server! I also will look for someone to help migrate my sites over to the new server.

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Budget? Location?

3. zooki

zooki Active Member

Most my visitors are from the US and UK.. then comes rest of the world.

:/ ( I know very little about hosting - I have been using same host for many years )

Budget 100-200 dollars.. I am thinking about Amazon EC2 - I am close to launching my own social network, and i expect a lot of traffic.. and I also want to host Xenforo without problems.

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

100-200 $ should get you a pretty decent spec dedicated server.

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I highly recommend @Mike Edge xfhost.net
    Proven and Tested :)

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Pahhh.... all @Mike Edge did was end up costing me tons of money each month

by hooking me up with info on his data centre provider. ;)
    If I was looking into a shared hosting provider - I wouldn't hesitate to use him. I'm just a power freak and like to have control over my stuff tho' - so that's why I went with a dedicated.

Mythotical and The Forum Heroes like this.
  7. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Your site would fit perfect under our xenXtreme package for $64.95, way below your max budget :) We can also do your site migration for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks to everyone in the thread recommending us too :)

Tracy Perry and RoldanLT like this.
  8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What sort of errors? I use the rackspace cloud day in day out without problems. It sounds as if you may have a server configuration error.

Sounds more like you need a managed service. Give rapidswitch (http://www.rapidswitch.com/contact) a line, these guys are realy passionate about what they do, and work hard to accomodate your requirements.

9. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

I host with secured servers . absolutely zero problem so far. they are also giving 50$ cloud credit to new customers.
    I also recommended you to search where your competitor sites are hosted go to http://whoishostingwebsite.com/ to discover . this will give you a better idea of various hosting companies

10. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

With a $200 budget, you could get your own really nice dedicated server and never have to worry about resources or such again.

Adam Howard and Tracy Perry like this.