Reckons Team Google Custom Search [Deleted]

@SatGuyScott can you please send the search_results from UI.X to batpool52?
The guys from Audentio have fixed it for me, but I have a custom skin created by them which runs as a child theme on top of UI.X.
I don't know what the original looks like :( I cannot access it.

Hello @batpool52!

I have a suggestion - can you add support for AndyB s "Search Log" add-on please? I also quested Andy, and I think it will be very cool when you guys can made this. :)

Another thing or better an idea - when I have set the google search as default and i search every thing, I will see often first the tab-page from my forum search, wich displayed me: "0 search entrys found..." and after one-two seconds I see the google results.
So I think, that can confusing the members. ;)

Can you chance it so, if google is default, it displays:
- the google tab first
- a animated please wait a second counter (or what ever)
?

Edit: AndyB has no time to do this - so i hope now @batpool52! can do this. I am willing to pay my part for it.

Last edited:
Hello.

I have a suggestion - can you add a notice, if member has disabled (eg NoScript Add-on or so) the google api scipt? These members see only a blanc page and thats not realy good. Better will be a notice, that they have to enable the google api or ... to display first the forum search results for only this members with deactivated google api in there browser.

Regards

Did anyone else lose access to the CSE section within Google immediately after installing this add-on?

Google CSE.webp

FWIW, the search appears to be working. I'm concerned I was locked out.

Anyone know if there is a setting in there to remove the ads from around the search results?

If it's not possible, those are click revenue back to Google or my pub ID, not the app creator, right?

Update: Strange, the other Google services are working OK, and deeper links inside CSE such as https://cse.google.com/cse/create/new are OK, but I'm not allowed into the main CSE page anymore.

Last edited:
Got it figured out, thanks. Can people share how much their AdSense revenue has increased (if at all) after replacing the default search bar with this plugin?

It doesn't generate much Adsense revenue for me.

The gain is you get the Google powered search that's superior to the default XenForo search.

Hey, the forum software is great, but the default search stinks and that's easily fixable with this add-on :)

Feature request! I've been using your Google search for a couple weeks and it works great. Thank you!

I added Andy's log search and discovered a cool problem very quickly.

I have a meaningful number of visitors trying to login using the search box. They're not registered members already.

Would it be possible to have the search box redirect and pass email addresses to the create account screen when only an email address is entered?

Maybe an easier way to accomplish this is adding a notice to the search results page?

[QUOTE]Search Results for Query: username@example.com[/QUOTE]

When an email address is detected add a trailing:

- Click here to Login

And have the trailing "Login" link to the /login page

Actually (keeps getting easier) , maybe add that for all searches by visitors so you're not trying to check for valid email address?

Do you have the option to display the sidebar from the forum home instead of the Google paid ads on the left side of search results?

Half the problem here is probably that the search results page doesn't clearly show any of the easy to see prompts to register such as the orange button "sign up today" or "login" "register" etc... all that on the page is the tiny login near the top right.

Apologies for typing aloud :)

Last edited:
How can you tell when someone actually clicks on one of the sponsored results? I don't see the search appearing in the Ad Units view in my AdSense report.

Top Bottom