Reckons Team Google Custom Search [Deleted]

I like this addon just because i hate xenforo search engine. I'm certainly not the only one who can't find the content i'm looking for searching on the site, sometimes i find it faster searching my website on google. :)

Hello,

@batpool52!
How can i download this add-on? I have sign-up on your site, but if I understand it right, i have not enough "rGold" to download it?

Iam from germany and my english is ... bad. ;) So what chance I have to test (and later use?) this add-on?

@batpool52! thank you for add-on.

But are you sure THIS is really a minified script? What about huge copyright, which is also to be minified?

Attachments

• min.webp
    min.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 23
  • original.webp
    original.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 20
... have you ever take a look at xenforos minified js files? Its the same with the descriptions. ;)

But i give you right. Its funny to say minified in this case. :) ;)

Hi,

excellent add-on. Been waiting for something like that.

I have a few questions/suggestions:
  • can this be translated?
upload_2015-4-3_17-34-19.webp
  • option to show google watermark in searchbox only when Google search is set as default
  • possible to load GCS NID and PREF cookie only when google results tab is selected? (well, not sure about this. Sometimes it is not loading any cookies...)
  • option to open google results in same tab
  • option to show Site results as first tab and Google results as second tab

Last edited:
Excellent work m8!

One request / suggestion
  • Is it possible to put in an option to automatically hide the Google Search tab when an advanced search is used?
On my forum the content is pretty well maintained and the various forums have specific content. The Google Search results on an advanced search does not give relevant hits.

Many thanks for this little gem!

Thanks for this addon, a great idea :)

An option to remove the google image in the search bar would be great. Also an option to change the order of the tabs (Google Search and Site Results).

Reactions: rdn
But are you sure THIS is really a minified script? What about huge copyright, which is also to be minified?
You can remove the copyright notice if you want, not sure what could be the huge deal here lol

can this be translated?
That is done via CSS. Check the template "rtGCS_branding.css"

possible to load GCS NID and PREF cookie only when google results tab is selected? (well, not sure about this. Sometimes it is not loading any cookies...)
Not quite sure I understand. Could you please rephrase? Thanks

option to open google results in same tab
Interesting....

option to show Site results as first tab and Google results as second tab
I don't know how I forgot this :D should be added in the next version :)

Is it possible to put in an option to automatically hide the Google Search tab when an advanced search is used?
By advanced search you mean searching by fields and prefixes instead of just entering the keywords?

An option to remove the google image in the search bar would be great. Also an option to change the order of the tabs (Google Search and Site Results).
Will be added in the next version :)

By advanced search you mean searching by fields and prefixes instead of just entering the keywords?
Yes m8. Searching on specific fora, usernames etc. All the other search fields.
On my forum that would be ace. Not sure if it is useful for other fora, so to make it optional would be ace ;)

Top Bottom