XF 1.5 Recently Moved Forum to a New Domain. Receiving new error when submitting sitemap to Google

Brad Padgett

Hi,

I just moved my forum to a new domain name.

I am receiving this error when uploading my sitemap via googles webmaster tools:

"This url is not allowed for a Sitemap at this location."

Apparently the sitemap is registering my old domain inside the sitemap.

Do you guys have any way I can fix this? I just renewed my year of updates too. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

- Brad

If your domain has changed you need to create a new website and re-verify ownership in Google Search Console - have you done that yet?

Yes I have. It's got nothing to do with that as I wouldn't even be able to upload the sitemap or even get that far if I hadn't of verified ownership but I appreciate the quick response.

Anyways it has something to do with the Xenforo sitemap generation generating my old domain name instead of my new one. I've changed all the board info and URL to my new site so I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Anyways I received like 341 errors and it gave me the error I specified above. I searched for others experiencing the error and it's due to the domain location being somewhere else (hence the sitemap generating my old domain in the sitemap file).

Hopefully someone knows how I can get the sitemap to register my new domain. Thanks.

Ahh understood...

In that case I think you just need to rebuild the sitemap under Rebuild Caches:
/admin.php?tools/rebuild

Tried it as you just suggested. Then re-downloaded the sitemap and re-uploaded and the errors were still there (after rebuilding the sitemap cache and everything).

Hopefully one of the techs might be able to chime in. Anyways I appreciate your effort.

Have you changed the Board URL in the options?

I suspect not if the URLs in the sitemap are still referencing the old domain.

Rebuild the sitemap after doing so.

Have you changed the Board URL in the options?

I suspect not if the URLs in the sitemap are still referencing the old domain.

Rebuild the sitemap after doing so.

I have done this. I did rebuilt the sitemap and tested after I was given the advice to do so.

The board URL has been changed already.

If there's a completely different reason as to why google gave me the error other than it pointing to a different domain name I'm all ears if someone else knows?

That's just what I saw when searching on the web. I rebuilded the sitemap caches, re-ran the sitemap cron, then re-downloaded the sitemap and uploaded it, then extracted the compress file so that it was just sitemap-1.xml and then added that to google webmaster tools and it gave me the error.

Regards,

- Brad

If the URLs in the sitemap are correct for the new domain and the domain details have been updated in Google/GWT, then you may need to contact Google for support as the error message is coming from them.

If the URLs in the sitemap are correct for the new domain and the domain details have been updated in Google/GWT, then you may need to contact Google for support as the error message is coming from them.

I forgot I could access the sitemap URL from my browser and view it. Well it seems the URLs are correct. Wondering why I'm receiving the error. Thanks for your support.

If anyone knows let me know. But thanks.

Top Bottom