1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Post on Home

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by rovielran, Mar 4, 2015.

1. rovielran

rovielran Member

Ive been seeing alot of of recent post on widgets but still cant figure out how to do recent post on home page basically before your forum starts.

Its like literally putting the "find_new_posts" template in the home probably on "node_list", below is a preview of what im looking for.

Latest-posts.jpg

any help would be appreciated thanks!

2. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

3. rovielran

rovielran Member

thanks! ill try hope this works

4. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

rovielran, did you succeed? Could you share your home page?

5. rovielran

rovielran Member

hi unfortunately didn't manage to make it work,. still looking for solutions

6. rovielran

rovielran Member

oh sorry just cleared my cache i manged to make it work the widget frame work quite straight forward here is my site pinoygamer.ph

Simple Instructions:
    Just create a widget as for widget type choose "Recent Threads" then for position place "hook:forum_list_nodes"

creativeforge likes this.
  7. creativeforge

Ah yes, I see it. Nice! You may want to make the fonts a bit bigger for the title PinoyGamer Latest Discussions.

I'm trying to do the same, except placing the Recent Posts in the right sidebar. I do have the Widget Framework, just find it difficult to learn a new language. Over time it will be easier...

Cheers! and thanks for the helpful reply!

8. creativeforge

So thanks to rovielran I was able to create a new widget, and I'm able to see the Latest Posts:

http://vi-control.net/xenforotest/index.php

Now I need to move it to the sidebar. I've tried all the various "layout" for sidebar but it's not moving. I looked at the "hook:forum_list_nodes" and tried to find a different hook but again, no joy. Any idea?

Thanks!

9. rovielran

rovielran Member

hey dude change the position to any of this
    Code:
     hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel, hook:ad_sidebar_bottom, hook:page_container_sidebar 
    hope it works

10. creativeforge

Thanks for the tip, I just came in. Question: where do you find these hooks, is there a list somewhere?

11. rovielran

rovielran Member

oh i saw it on the settings area by clicking the "You can browse the site with templates and hooks information here."

Attached Files:

12. creativeforge

:) great! Can you share a full screenshot? I would like to see where in the ACP this is, because mine doesn't have that...

upload_2015-3-16_12-54-24.png

13. rovielran

rovielran Member

attaching my screenshot

Attached Files:

14. creativeforge

thank you rovielran! have a great day!