Recent Post on Home

rovielran

Ive been seeing alot of of recent post on widgets but still cant figure out how to do recent post on home page basically before your forum starts.

Its like literally putting the "find_new_posts" template in the home probably on "node_list", below is a preview of what im looking for.

Latest-posts.webp

any help would be appreciated thanks!

rovielran, did you succeed? Could you share your home page?
oh sorry just cleared my cache i manged to make it work the widget frame work quite straight forward here is my site pinoygamer.ph

Simple Instructions:
Just create a widget as for widget type choose "Recent Threads" then for position place "hook:forum_list_nodes"

Ah yes, I see it. Nice! You may want to make the fonts a bit bigger for the title PinoyGamer Latest Discussions.

I'm trying to do the same, except placing the Recent Posts in the right sidebar. I do have the Widget Framework, just find it difficult to learn a new language. Over time it will be easier...

Cheers! and thanks for the helpful reply!

So thanks to rovielran I was able to create a new widget, and I'm able to see the Latest Posts:

http://vi-control.net/xenforotest/index.php

Now I need to move it to the sidebar. I've tried all the various "layout" for sidebar but it's not moving. I looked at the "hook:forum_list_nodes" and tried to find a different hook but again, no joy. Any idea?

Thanks!

hey dude change the position to any of this
Code:
 hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel, hook:ad_sidebar_bottom, hook:page_container_sidebar
hope it works

oh i saw it on the settings area by clicking the "You can browse the site with templates and hooks information here."

Attachments

• Hooks.webp
    Hooks.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom