Fixed  Rebuild User Caches throws an error after vbulletin import

Jesepi

After importing a vbulletin database and selecting to merge matching users, I get this error when running the Rebuild User Caches option in admin.php?tools/rebuild.

Error
  • The requested user could not be found.
  • Please enter a valid password.
  • Please enter a valid name.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'user_group_id'.

I only had a single user before the import, and it appears to have merged properly with the one in the vbulletin database.

edit:

I would like to add that the actual import into xenforo had no issues.

That's really strange. There are a couple potential possibilities:
  1. There was a race condition and the user was deleted between being selected and built. A refresh should prevent the issue from happening though.
  2. There's a user that's missing its corresponding records in the xf_user_profile, xf_user_option, xf_user_privacy, or xf_user_authenticate tables. This seems to be more likely, though I have no idea why it would happen.
  3. There's a bugged add-on here. Unlikely, though if you have some installed, always possible.
How many users are we talking about in total here?

Note that I do have a workaround that really just silences the error. I'm curious what's going on though.

This was a completely fresh install from the RC1 full download, with no addons present.

The number of imported users was 1824, with 1 being merged into the existing xenforo administrator account.

If you are interested in pursuing this (beyond preventing the error from happening), I can look into what is causing it, though I'll need ACP and FTP access.

Top Bottom