1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Rebuild User Caches throws an error after vbulletin import

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jesepi, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

After importing a vbulletin database and selecting to merge matching users, I get this error when running the Rebuild User Caches option in admin.php?tools/rebuild.

I only had a single user before the import, and it appears to have merged properly with the one in the vbulletin database.

I would like to add that the actual import into xenforo had no issues.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's really strange. There are a couple potential possibilities:
    1. There was a race condition and the user was deleted between being selected and built. A refresh should prevent the issue from happening though.
    2. There's a user that's missing its corresponding records in the xf_user_profile, xf_user_option, xf_user_privacy, or xf_user_authenticate tables. This seems to be more likely, though I have no idea why it would happen.
    3. There's a bugged add-on here. Unlikely, though if you have some installed, always possible.
    How many users are we talking about in total here?

Note that I do have a workaround that really just silences the error. I'm curious what's going on though.
  3. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

This was a completely fresh install from the RC1 full download, with no addons present.

The number of imported users was 1824, with 1 being merged into the existing xenforo administrator account.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you are interested in pursuing this (beyond preventing the error from happening), I can look into what is causing it, though I'll need ACP and FTP access.