XF 1.5 Rebuild the Index

sajal

I'm wondering how often the index is rebuilt, is it an automatic process that's triggered periodically Or the only way to do it manually by going to "Tools > Rebuild Indexes" and click on the "Rebuild Now"?

Our site contains more than 12 million records and thus the index is pretty large too. The problem is that while searching, it comes up with the "stale" indexed records that's no more relevant with the actual content. So, I think by rebuilding the cache, it should be fixed as well.

But, with such a large record-set, it may take hours I guess, right? Any solution for this?

he problem is that while searching, it comes up with the "stale" indexed records that's no more relevant with the actual content. So, I think by rebuilding the cache, it should be fixed as well.
Rebuilding the search index won't affect results - the search index is automatically updated every time a post is made.

Rebuilding the search index won't affect results - the search index is automatically updated every time a post is made.
In fact, we've an issue with our usecase in fact.

We've made a plugin that replaces username in "QOUTE" tag in all the posts by "Visitor" when the user is deleted. In that case what happens, the post content is different than indexed content. In post, there's "Visitor" and in the index there's the actual username. So when someone searches by that username, it still appears in the results due to stall indexed content, even thought we've replaced that username by "Visitor" in the actual post.

So, I guess we do have two solution, either rebuild the index (make sure to delete index before update) or update the indexed records as well in our custom plugin while we update the posts table.

Top Bottom