XF 1.2 Rebuild banned usergroup/ remove from members page

Dad.

Hey all,

Just got two things:

1. Want to rebuild the 'Add User Group on Ban' function, so that all banned users are added to a usergroup I created called 'Banned'.

2. I want to remove banned members from the members page, such as the most noteable members/most liked, etc. Is there a way to do this? Keep in mind if point 1 is solved I will have a separate usergroup for banned users.

Thanks,
Mike

1. You can do this using the Batch Update Users function in the Admin CP.

Admin CP > Users > Batch Update Users

Uncheck the "Not banned" filter at the bottom.
upload_2014-1-4_20-29-26.webp

After searching, you will then be able to choose some actions, such as applying those to another user group:

upload_2014-1-4_20-30-33.webp

2. Banned members do not appear in the notable members list. Note that being banned isn't necessarily the same as being in the banned usergroup. It's possible they are in the banned usergroup but they aren't banned.

Thanks Chris, worked a charm!

As for point 2, I'm using Post Ratings, so those with positive/negative ratings and who are banned seem to still be showing up. So that'd be an issue with that plugin then correct? @Luke Foreman

Yeah I believe so.

I also believe that at some point, XenForo 1.2 did show banned notable members. If you're using an older version of 1.2 then this may be why. Alternatively, at the time Luke coded his notable member tab, perhaps he was just following convention which was to show banned members. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix :)

Top Bottom