• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Real Time Ventrilo monitoring

Ryan Kent

Siteowners who also use VoIP services such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak may desire to offer their users the ability to connect to or monitor their VoIP service via their website. I have added a Ventrilo module to my forum side bar. If you are interested, follow the steps below:

- If you use Ventrilo, go to http://www.instantventrilo.com/ventrilo-server-status.php. For Teamspeak or other providers, there are many sites which offer similar code.

- Enter your ventilo IP and port, choose your cosmetic options, click the Generate Code button

- Copy the code and paste it into the forum_list template almost at the very end, just before the final </xenhook>

Code:
<!-- Adds Ventrilo block to be displayed on forums -->
        <div class="section">
              <div class="secondaryContent statsList" id="vent">
                  <h3>Ventrilo</h3>
                  <span id="instantventrilo"><a href="http://www.instantventrilo.com/">ventrilo</a> Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com</span><script type="text/javascript" src="http://view.light-speed.com/ventrilo.php?IP=yourventserver.com&amp;PORT=00000&amp;STYLE=2&amp;CHANNEL_WNOUSER=YES&amp;SHOW_IP_PORT=YES&amp;HELP=YES&amp;CONLINK=YES&amp;WIDTH=225&amp;FONTSIZE=10&amp;BGCOLOR=FCFCFF&amp;SN_BGCOLOR=fcfcff&amp;SN_COLOR=000000&amp;INFO_BGCOLOR=fcfcff&amp;INFO_COLOR=FFFFFF&amp;HELP_BGCOLOR=409DE0&amp;HELP_COLOR=000000&amp;CHANNEL_BGCOLOR=CCCCCC&amp;CHANNEL_COLOR=000000&amp;UN_BG=FFFFFF&amp;UN=000000&amp;METHOD=js"></script>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <!-- end Ventrilo block code -->

</xen:hook>
</xen:sidebar>

Note: if you have a small vent server the above code should work perfectly. If you have a large vent server I suggest you contain the block by using a vertical scroll bar. Below is the CSS

Code:
<!-- Contains Vent block on forums and adds vertical scroll bar -->
                <style type="text/css">
                #server_status_table {
                   width: 100% !important;
                   overflow: hidden;
                   overflow-y: auto;
                   height: 400px;
                }
                </style>

Screenshot: Ventrilo.webp

Demo: http://terapvp.com/community/

The disclaimer below was shamelessly stolen from Rigel :sneaky:

License:
You may modify, improve, upgrade, redistribute this hack, include it
in another hack or yours or translate it provided you do it free of
charge.

Code fragments may reference code copyrighted by XenForo Ltd. This code may only be used by XenForo license holders.

Nice tutorial but belongs in template modifications :), will probably be using this or something like it coming up soon

Also, I added the code from the ventrilo status site to a widget by using the [bd] widget framework mod found in the addon forum. is there a way to add that css to the status code that I place in the widget?

Where does the css stuff go?

at the moment I have the CSS in the same location as the rest of the code. I need to work out the property heading to move it to EXTRA.css. I'll work on this soon.

Also, I added the code from the ventrilo status site to a widget by using the [bd] widget framework mod found in the addon forum. is there a way to add that css to the status code that I place in the widget?

I have never heard of the bd widget. Do you have a link to info on this? What is the purpose?

Thank you for sharing eod. I looked at that widget framework add-on. It seems nice but not something that would be helpful for me. If you wish to take the vent code and package it up in there you are more then welcome to, but I have no knowledge of how that process works.

After you install it, you have the option to create an html block and just add the code for the ventrilo status

Top Bottom