1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pingdom Real User Monitoring

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by MattW, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Anyone else used / using this?

I've just installed it today, and from what I've seen so far, it's really useful for providing decent performance results about your site, as it's taking the page timings from the end users browser.

That spike is a large threads with loads of images served via the CDN, so slow load is expected on a slower connection.
    yavuz likes this.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've been using pingdom for years now, but only just discovered the Real User Monitoring. It's similar to Google Analytics, but actually tracks the page generation time on the user end.
  4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just wondered what the difference was compared to google's real-time monitoring. Does it make a huge difference?
  5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I have been using it for a long time. I also added my host to receive alerts, so that they are alerted when the site becomes slow. I have found that the normal systems in place do not always pick things up. Pingdom is good. Though their app does not alert me on my phone, which it should.
    MattW likes this.
  6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've just has to sign back into my phone app and assign a contact so that I can get the push notifications for the down alerts.