Ready To Buy, MySQL Questions...

dangonay

Hi,

I've been looking around and decided I want to order XF for my forum (have previous experience with VB). I was looking at the requirements and have a few questions:

- I ran the requirements test script on my server and it told me I meet the requirements. I have a suggestion, though. Instead of just saying I passed it would be kinda nice to have it print some details like what I have installed/versions. I suppose if I failed the requirements it would print a message stating which area I failed (dont know since I passed), but I thought it would be nice to see more. :)
- I checked the version of mySQL I have installed and it was 5.0.51a. Now I read in another thread here that a user was having problems installing and someone said it was because their MySQL version was an older version (5.0.91) which appears to be a later version than mine. Is 5.0.51a new enough for me to use, or should I be requesting my provider update to a newer version? And if I need an update, is there a version I should specifically get (or avoid)?

Thanks for your help, and hope to be showing off my forum soon.

As long as the SQL version is 5.0+ then that is sufficient, along with the other requirements of course.
  • PHP: 5.2.4+
  • MySQL: 5.0+
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • PHP safe_mode off
You can check all of the installed versions directly on the server, or using cPanel if it is installed.

You also need to have the new password format in MySQL. Xenforo will not work with the old password format!

(With a fresh install of MySQL this should be no problem. It only becomes an issue when you import privileges data from previous versions of MySQL: that will convert the passwords back to the old format, even though you have a new version of the server, and you will be unable to use the new format -> XenForo will not install.)

Top Bottom