Duplicate Read status did not work correctly in XF2

argy

Affected version
We have 2 issues with the read status of the threads:

First one:
If i opened an unread thread and use the "go back" button of my browser, the thread is still marked as "unread". Normaly it have to be "read".
When i refresh the page it is marked as "read". Why isn´t it marked as "read" when i go back?

Second one:
If i move a thread to another forum it is also marked as unread. I have to go to the new forum (not in the thread) so that the thread is marked as "read".

In XF1 both works correct. Why not in XF2?

What can we do? Did we have wrong settings?

If i opened an unread thread and use the "go back" button of my browser, the thread is still marked as "unread". Normaly it have to be "read".
When i refresh the page it is marked as "read". Why isn´t it marked as "read" when i go back?
I'm pretty certain that doesn't work in XF1 either, because that's not an XF thing. If you use the "go back" button of your browser, the browser attempts to load the previous page from the cache, and not actually requests the page again from the server. So as long as the page is still in the cache, it'll look the same as before, hence the thread is not marked as unread. If you were to click on the forum in the breadcrumbs instead, you'll notice that the thread becomes marked read instantly.

Pretty sure the second issue is the same in XF1 too.

But I need to refresh my memory on that one because I seem to recall that it happens for specific reasons which may not actually be resolvable.

I just tested it, and I was right:

1533637617069.webp

I'm not saying that it means we won't look into this. It may be a case that we can't fix it, though. I just need to remind myself why it has been like this all along.

The first issue, as Lukas says, is very much a browser behaviour so nothing we can do there.

Top Bottom