XF 1.3 Re-Arranging Tabs on Profiles

Amaury

I know the template is member_view, but I tried moving Information to the beginning and nothing but the tab order changed, so the tabs now have the wrong contents, like so:

• Information: Contains profile posts
  • Profile Posts: Contains recent activity
  • Recent Activity: Contains postings
  • Postings: Contains information

I guess it's not as simple as re-arranging the sub-navigation bar.

Generally these tab panes have two sections. This applies to pages like the member profile where the content alters based on tab selection without reloading the page.

You will have a <ul> that contains a number of list items which are the tabs. You need to re-order those accordingly (as you have done).

Next there will be a second <ul> that contains a number of list items which correspond to the tabs, (they're in the same order as the tabs) so you will need to move those also. It's important to note that each list item can contain a heck of a lot of code so take care in ensuring you move the correct tabs and in their entirety.

Generally these tab panes have two sections. This applies to pages like the member profile where the content alters based on tab selection without reloading the page.

You will have a <ul> that contains a number of list items which are the tabs. You need to re-order those accordingly (as you have done).

Next there will be a second <ul> that contains a number of list items which correspond to the tabs, (they're in the same order as the tabs) so you will need to move those also. It's important to note that each list item can contain a heck of a lot of code so take care in ensuring you move the correct tabs and in their entirety.

I can't seem to find the second <ul></ul>. Is it right under the first <ul></ul>?

Look for:

<ul id="ProfilePanes">

Found it.

For the Information tab, I would move all this to the top below <ul id="ProfilePanes">, correct?
Code:
<li id="info" class="profileContent">
                <xen:if hascontent="true">
                    <div class="section">
                        <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase about}</h3>
                        <div class="primaryContent">
                            <xen:contentcheck>
                                <xen:if hascontent="true">
                                    <div class="pairsColumns aboutPairs">
                                    <xen:contentcheck>
                                        <xen:if is="{$user.gender}">
                                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase gender}:</dt> <dd><xen:if is="{$user.gender} == 'male'">{xen:phrase male}<xen:else />{xen:phrase female}</xen:if></dd></dl>
                                        </xen:if>
                                        <xen:if is="{$birthday}">
                                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase birthday}:</dt> <dd>{xen:date $birthday.timeStamp, $birthday.format} <xen:if is="{$birthday.age}">({xen:phrase age}: {xen:number $birthday.age})</xen:if></dd></dl>
                                        <xen:if is="{$user.homepage}">
                                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, 'x'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd></dl>
                                        <xen:if is="{$user.location}">
                                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase location}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a></dd></dl>
                                        <xen:if is="{$user.occupation}">
                                            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase occupation}:</dt> <dd>{xen:string censor, $user.occupation}</dd></dl>

<xen:if is="{$customFieldsGrouped.personal}">
                                            <xen:foreach loop="$customFieldsGrouped.personal" value="$field">
                                                <xen:include template="custom_field_view" />
                                            </xen:foreach>
                                    </xen:contentcheck>
                                    </div>
                                <xen:if is="{$user.about}"><div class="baseHtml ugc">{xen:raw $user.aboutHtml}</div></xen:if>
                            </xen:contentcheck>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                <div class="section">
                    <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase interact}</h3>
                        <div class="pairsColumns contactInfo">
                            <dl>
                                <dt>{xen:phrase content}:</dt>
                                <dd><ul>
                                    <xen:hook name="member_view_search_content_types">
                                    <li><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase find_all_content_by_x, 'name={$user.username}'}</a></li>
                                    <li><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}', 'content=thread'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase find_all_threads_by_x, 'name={$user.username}'}</a></li>
                                    </xen:hook>
                                </ul></dd>
                            </dl>
                            <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}">
                                <dl><dt>{xen:phrase conversation}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></dd></dl>
                            <xen:if is="{$customFieldsGrouped.contact}">
                                <xen:foreach loop="$customFieldsGrouped.contact" value="$field">
                                    <xen:include template="custom_field_view" />
                                </xen:foreach>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>

<xen:if is="{$user.signature}">
                    <div class="section">
                        <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase signature}</h3>
                            <div class="baseHtml signature ugc">{xen:raw $user.signatureHtml}</div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
            </li>

We don't want to have profile posting, just forum postings, I deleted in this members-view the tab and the Li profile posting content . Its that ok? do I need to remove something else, somewhere else?

Also, one q, how do you remove the gender from bellow the user name title?

We don't want to have profile posting, just forum postings, I deleted in this members-view the tab and the Li profile posting content . Its that ok? do I need to remove something else, somewhere else?

Also, one q, how do you remove the gender from bellow the user name title?

Comment out the code in both places like @Chris D mentioned above.

Choose unspecified for your gender in your personal details.

ahh ok, instead of deleting it. you are write.

for the gender I already found where to change it. its in the XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserBlurb

thanks

@Chris D

I think I did something wrong. You know how when you get an alert of a profile post or a comment on a profile post, you are taken directly to the profile post in question? Well, someone left me a profile post, and it took me here:

upload_2014-3-29_14-49-2.webp

Top Bottom