XF 1.3 RC2: where is the cli importer!?

imthebest

With RC1 it was present at: library/XFCliImporter/addon-XFCliImporter.xml

Have you removed it from RC2? Can I use the one that comes with 1.2.5 on 1.3 RC2?

People use it at their own risk, what's the problem? It was working perfectly fine for me. Please bring it back!

Anyway the one that's included on 1.2.5 is the same that came with 1.3.0 RC1?

No, that is the standard importer.
We're talking about the CLI importer, which is only accessible via the Command Line Interface.

ha last week was the first time ive ever messed with any importers short of the ones that came included in my Gallery software.. I just figured with my luck as soon as i had a need for it that it would get pulled.. Im glad thats not the case. I dont think ive ever run my forum in Dev mode for anything more then checking load times and Queries.

why is the web based importer so slow compared to the pay-to-use CLI importer that a few of the guys contributed to?

The web-based importer is very good and is the recommended importer to use, but it is slower than the big board importer because of how it is run. The web-based importer runs as a self-refreshing web page which imports records in batches.

The big board importer runs as a command line application using stdout (no batches or refreshes). It is also multi-threaded to better maximize your server resources. It also does incremental attachments meaning you can preload imported attachments on your first run and then only import new attachments on subsequent runs... this can save hours of downtime during the final import.

Hi Everyone , I am new here, and very exciting to join xenforo family .

We have a big board, around 10 millions posts , 400k users, try to convert our forum to xenforo 1.3 from vbulletin 3.7 .

I tested with the web-based importer, it looks like too slow : only 12% user import in 1 hour, it looks like it will take more than 24 hours for the whole import. we can not afford that kind of downtime for the site.

I am wondering if CliImporter work with xenforo 1.3 , and any kind of paid support from xenforo for converting the forum.

During my tests the cli importer that comes with 1.2.5 works perfectly with 1.3, no need to buy any add-on nor service to do the migration if you have some basic skills...

Top Bottom