Browser issue  RC1 - Second post edit requiring page refresh

rjordan

When you edit a post, it comes back from the pop-over no problem. I went to edit a post again (poor spelling) and it would open the pop-over, but I could not edit until I refreshed the page.

I searched and did not find this. Apologies if it has been reported and I did not see it.

I can't reproduce this, can you provide more details, such as what browser you were using etc.?

I am running Windows 7 Business edition with IE8 (compatibility view on or off does not matter). I make a post/response and edit it. It works correctly. I immediately edit it again and it pops up, but I cannot edit text, however the buttons do work to cancel and submit.

Edit:
More info... If I edit and cancel, I can edit again and make changes and save. Once I save, I cannot make edits to that post or any other post on the same page I have made.

I still can't reproduce this (in IE7 or 8). I edit a post, save the changes, click edit again, and have no problem updating the contents. I did seem to have one time where I lost my cursor, but it appeared as soon as I pressed a key.

I am also unable to reproduce this in FF.

Can you reproduce this bug on XF.com?

It is here where I see the problem. I have not installed my XF licenses yet, although I plan on it now that you guys are at RC stage.

Edit: Edit made here.
Edit again: I am able to edit now without refreshing.
Another edit: Ok, there was a 5 second delay for this edit. I let it sit for a while this time.

Apparently, there just may be a long delay at times. Hmm...

[mike edit 12345]

Hmm, I can actually reproduce this here, and indeed it does seem to fix itself after a bit of time. I can't highlight the text when it doesn't work either, though it does respond to a right click.

when I refresh this page here, then it shows a HTML-code within this editor-box for a second:
something like:

<p>br_mce_bogus="1"

what is that ?

Erich, that's just internal handling. We've minimized the window where that shows up as much as possible.

As this comes back after a bit of time, I think this is a browser bug in IE. I'm not sure if there's much we can do. There doesn't really seem to be rhyme or reason for when it happens vs when it doesn't.

Erich, that's just internal handling. We've minimized the window where that shows up as much as possible.

As this comes back after a bit of time, I think this is a browser bug in IE. I'm not sure if there's much we can do. There doesn't really seem to be rhyme or reason for when it happens vs when it doesn't.

Mike,
I am sctually seeing this code in FireFox-browser, not IE-browser.

I just tried to edit a post here, but it is not possible because clicking into the editor-pop-up-window does not give me the chance to change the text. Using FireFox.

Top Bottom