RC 2 Released!

First link in RC2 announcement is broken.

Should be http://xenforo.com/customers/ instead of http://xenforo.com/community/customers/

BTW: Thanks for adding _upgrade to the corresponding file name. :)

One more wish for the upgrade package:
Could we agree that the upgrade package only has to contain modified or additional images? This would make it easier to upgrade custom styles.

This software has come a long way. Personally, I want to see the final release as soon as possible as well, but at the same time would be happy to see at least one more RC if another number of bug reports come forth. Like it has been stated before, do it right (or as close to) the first time! Looking forward to gold.

One more wish for the upgrade package:
Could we agree that the upgrade package only has to contain modified or additional images? This would make it easier to upgrade custom styles.
This has been discussed at length.

As it's possible to upgrade from Beta 1 to RC2 with no intermediate steps, it would require a separate upgrade package for every possible combination.

If you have custom styles, simply change the style path in the ACP for each one and your images won't be overwritten.

If you have custom styles, simply change the style path in the ACP for each one and your images won't be overwritten.
Hi Brogan,

I've done that, of course. :)
The problem is that I have to use file/folder comparison tools to find new images in the package and then add them to my custom style's image folder. While this might be relatively easy for new images, it gets pretty hard in case XenForo upgrade contains modified images. We can't e.g. distinguish by file date.

I understand the issue with the upgrade path you described though. Not sure what would be the best (and easiest for both sides) solution.

While this might be relatively easy for new images, it gets pretty hard in case XenForo upgrade contains modified images. We can't e.g. distinguish by file date.
diff handles any change in binary files as well.
You don't need access to the modification time / file date.
Code:
$ diff -qr old new
Files old/Sample-1.png and new/Sample-1.png differ

Sry for asking that again. But, because of no Roadmap and this feature is very important for me, i would like to ask if there is any Video BBCode Callback Methode Code is in plan or planned at all?

yay.gif

Will check it out later.

"Permission Terminology Changes"
nod.gif

Top Bottom