• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed Ratings stars confusion

Mr Lucky

I'm a bit confused by the ratings system

First, why is my video rated top, when it has fewer ratings than Waindigo's and others?

001.jpg

Second, in Waindigo's picture, I can see two lots of ***** ratings, but when I click on my video, although the thumbnail says there is a rating, I can't see the stars anywhere.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
There's a bug here.

Just noticed its using the rating average rather than the weighted rating (which is what the RM uses).

So, both those images have a rating of 5*, but technically Waindigo's should appear first because the weighted average would be higher.

Mr Lucky

There's a bug here.

Just noticed its using the rating average rather than the weighted rating (which is what the RM uses).

So, both those images have a rating of 5*, but technically Waindigo's should appear first because the weighted average would be higher.
Glad it's a bug rather than me being stupid :)

Hope you get it sorted before the end of my forum's photo contest.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
This is fixed in the next update.

The new average needs to be calculated, but it should do this automatically during the upgrade process. A rebuild of the ratings for albums and media items can now be triggered from Gallery Rebuilds, also, so in case it needs to be run manually, you can.