Rate Own Resources

Rate Own Resources 1.0

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Rate Own Resources - Includes a new permission that allows resource authors to rate and review their own resources.

The idea for this add-on came from a thread created by @BamaStangGuy:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/allow-resource-creator-to-review.68287

I thought it was a good idea, so thought I'd knock it up quickly.

The add-on adds a new permission (global/category) that will allow a resource author to rate/review their own resources (subject to the usual permissions with regards to rating resources).

View attachment 66870

View attachment 66871

Enjoy! :)

Read more about this resource...

Nice! Now we just need a add-on to like your own posts option, just like you can like your own posts on facebook.

That would be a simple bit of code.
Extremely narcissistic though - I can safely say I have never "liked" one of my own posts on FB.

Extremely narcissistic though - I can safely say I have never "liked" one of my own posts on FB.

Agree, same here but many do. Could you post the code change somewhere or PM me it?

I think people do it ironically :D, I know I do. But yeah, some just think they say interesting things.

Apologies to Chris for taking his thread off topic.

The actual code which prevents you liking your own posts is:
Code:
        if ($post['user_id'] == $viewingUser['user_id'])
        {
            $errorPhraseKey = 'liking_own_content_cheating';
            return false;
        }
In \library\XenForo\Model\Post.php

Commenting that out will allow post authors to like their own posts.
Further code changes would be required to deal with alerts, etc.

I think people do it ironically :D, I know I do. But yeah, some just think they say interesting things.

Have some tell me too they do it as it gets more people to read it. Seems people these days are more interested in content you like then content you write.

Not with this add-on, no.

You would have to search for another resource in the Resource Manager. I'm not currently planning to make any changes to this add-on.

Hey @Chris D I know this says compatible to XF 1.3, but I'm running the latest version of 1.5 and it's worked since then. I was wondering if this was ever integrated into core?

When it comes time for me to upgrade to XF2, I image I'll lose this functionality unless there's a comparable add-on for XF2. If I uninstall this add-on, will I lose previous ratings users made on their own resources, or only the ability to rate new resources by ones self?

Top Bottom